Ear Plugs - Hearing Protection

I had to find ear plugs that fit right into my ear canal and its same with bud head phones (which i use the small skull candy ones) because I like alot of wrestlers out there have broken some cartilage in my ear and wear i broke it its very hard to find something that blocks alot of noise. so i recommend the ear plugs that look like an xmas tree and the small skull candy headphones that block most everything out even without music playing.

For most of the last 20 years my job has required me to be on the phone a lot. I'm a Lefty and the phone is held to my left ear. The hearing in that ear is about 50-60% of the right ear. When I watch TV in bed, I can barely hear it when I'm laying on my right side (left ear up). Hell, I can barely hear the alarm clock if I'm on my right side.

The moral of this story? I'm old and it's too late. If you are NOT old, start making a habit of wearing ear protection now. I never ride anymore without my squishy foam plugs. They are convenienet and comfortable. And as others have said, once you get used to them, you will hear everything you need to hear. Much more relaxing after hours spent riding, too.

Why leave home without them???

I agree that they will protect your hearing down the road. Hearing loss is a gradual thing and doesn't happen right away.

I have also found that when I take long rides I arrive not feeling as "tired" if I wear ear protection. I try to wear ear plugs anytime I'm going on the highway for more than 15-20 minutes. for around town I'm not sure there's a great benefit to them since the wind noise is not that high.

MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) just did a review on a bunch of different hearing protectors in this months issue. I will post up their picks and general thoughts tomorrow.

I am definitely considering investing in some ear protection. I ride with an ipod on trips over a half hour or so, but I think the loud music isn't helping much. I am young and I know I have some hearing loss. Not a good thing for an aspiring teacher:confused:

I always wear EARsoft FX plugs and find them the most comfortable and the most noise reducing earplug I've used. (I bought a variety of the 'top' ones and these came out the best for me. Everyones results will vary though because the ear canal can be so varied in shape and size. Anyway, with these I can still hear the growl of the engine fine it just cuts out the worst of the wind noise. Fully recommended
Motrax EarSoft FX Ear Plugs - SPORTSBIKESHOP

Jon

I always wear cheap, disposable foam earplugs when I'm on the bike. I usually use them for about a week or so before replacing them.

I keep meaning to get some custom made earplugs but I've just never got round to getting some yet. I might try and get to one of the big bike shows and get some moulds made up while I'm there.

Back