East Coast Weather

:surrender: Who's game enough to plan a ride this weekend? This is one weird summer. I supppose I'll do what I've been doing it seems for months now. Look out the window and if it looks ok, just do a short loop somewhere.

That's the best I've been able to manage since picking up the fz1. A late evening run to the inlaws place or a visit to a mate somewhere.

Haven't been able to plan a proper ride yet! Damn rain!!!

I actually have a ride planned this Sunday so it better clear the heck up! Going two up with the a mate his hog and the wives.

It really does need to clear up soon, all this 'not riding' is costing me packet in trinkets for the bike which I really don't need at all haha

managed to get out last Sunday to Wisemans ferry............and on a double demerits weekend.

I have to ride to work and I have been drenched 3 times this week...........man these Sydney drivers suck!!

Yep I survived 9yrs of commuting in Sydney. After that my Dad decided I must be able to ride ok (Raced MX at the same time and that got no comment) Now I just have to put up with people trying to commit suicide under my semi. I also managed a loop through Mandalong Kulnura Wolombi and back to Bonnells Bay last Sunday. Wasn't prepared to risk a longer ride though. Rode like I had Miss Daisey was on the back though as I can't afford to lose my Lic'.

Last edited:
Any ride is good...wet or dry!

Hi to all, yes the weather has certainly been frustrating, especially for the poor buggers on the far north coast NSW where it seems to have been raining for the past 4 years! I had a great ride from central coast up to Forster last weekend to attend a wedding ...only got rained on near Morriset on the F3 for about 5 minutes. Mostly a straight run but worth it for the twisties on the Lakes Way just past Buladelah that runs to Forster...most of the corners have been recently re surfaced and is a very enjoyable ride. As you know it was double demerits last weekend and on the way up on Saturday morning I saw no police, but on Sunday coming back they were everywhere...but it was just so nice to be out with no rain and having friendly car drivers flashing their lights warning of police radar/cameras even though I was cruising at larry legal speed. The experts say that the La Nina wet weather pattern is ending soon and good old El Nino (dry guy) is coming back...that will be a nice change. I notice there are a few members from Newcastle area...it would be good to meet up for a ride one day. Also, while I am rambling, is anyone going to P.I. for the Superbikes. Unless it is absolutely crazy wet, myself and a mate from Sydney are going...Yahoo!!!

Make the most of tomorrow everyone! Said to be one of very few sunny days this month.

Wisemans Ferry via the old pac for me :)

Probably won't be able to sleep tonight!

Ride safe everyone.

So far in St. Lucie we only had one weekend of rain preventing me from riding this year. It is 73* degrees this morning and a little overcast, but good enough to ride to the beach.

Nice day to ride!

Got a nice ride in today. South to Central Mangrove, Wisemans Ferry, Galston Gorge, Old Pac Hwy, back through Mandalong and home. 26c sunnny only problem cops all over the place. Think I should have bought a 125!

Got a nice ride in today. South to Central Mangrove, Wisemans Ferry, Galston Gorge, Old Pac Hwy, back through Mandalong and home. 26c sunnny only problem cops all over the place. Think I should have bought a 125!

Sounds nice. I didn't get out today unfortunately, but I guessed there would be heaps of cops being the first decent day (and boy racers!) so I didn't feel so bad....anyway, as someone said before "any day is a good day for a ride".

Sorry to say Blanchy, I was in Newy but I'm moving to sydney shortly. I'm overseas right now and my wife moves before I return.
I was in port stephens till i was deployed and my inlaws live in boolaroo and i've done a bit of riding down your way. It's a wonder you didn't see me riding around down there once in a while...
Hopefully I might get a chance to go for a ride with you in the future (after i get home), maybe meet up on the ole road with all you guys then.... have a big meet with the syd, Central Coast and newy boys at the pie in the sky maybe....

How good was the weather this weekend.
Finally something resembling Summer.

I went for a ride to Cronulla, then onto the Nasho and through to Austinmer.

I saw one white and 1 black naked FZ1 on my travels too.

The white one was parked at the top of Bald Hill and the black one parked outside of a Cafe in Wombarra/Coledale?

Was it anyone from here?

Back