ECU flash in Oz?

hey all,

Who are the go-to guys in Australia for an ECU flash for an FZ1? I see everyone on here talks about Ivans in the US, but with postage, insurance, and the terrible exchange rate, the cost is insane. Has to be someone in Aus who has built a rep for the FZ1 by now?

Where abouts in oz are you? A PCV with good dyno tune is a good start and a lot can be tuned out from the stock map. The ecu flash really brings it alive though.

You probably got fixed up by now but if not these guys have a great reputation with the Dyno, I did loads to my 1 and it runs with 148 horses at the back wheel. Home They are South Brisbane / Gold Coast way. Just click the "home" link

What are his thoughts and what was done?
I checked these guys out as I travel to Melbourne quite often, I found them to be quite expensive and a little arrogant. An ECU "flash" at that time (not sure today) was around $400 which is ridiculous for ticking a few check boxes on a lap top. I ended up doing mine myself in all of 30 to 60 seconds.

What are his thoughts and what was done?

What was done? Standard ECU flash. All restrictions removed. He used to have the R1 as well so easy for him to compare notes.

His Thoughts? Too explicit to post on a public site but 'F************ Me' and F****ing AWESOME' and 'Wowwweeeee' are some. :D

I'll start thinking about this in the next few months as have spent considerably on leathers and the 20k service..

ecu perth

Anyone has personal experience with the Perth mob?

ECUnleashed Australia | Chip Tuning | ECU Remapping | ECUwest

Thanks guys!
people don't use ecu west they fryed my 2012 r1
and a matesfx svho jet ski

I'm in the process of trying to find a 2011 to 2013 fz1n gen 2 ecu to send to flash tune to have a new image and timing written up so it I can flash mine and a friends bikes

once I have the the new images ill flash peoples bikes for $50

What was done? Standard ECU flash. All restrictions removed. He used to have the R1 as well so easy for him to compare notes.

His Thoughts? Too explicit to post on a public site but 'F************ Me' and F****ing AWESOME' and 'Wowwweeeee' are some. :D

I'll start thinking about this in the next few months as have spent considerably on leathers and the 20k service..

Yep, that was me.

I'm not after performance, just wanted to fix the usual fuel injection issues (throttle cut and surging mostly.)

My bike is factory standard and will stay that way.

Restrictions gone, fuelling sorted, oxygen senson retired, I'm a happy camper.

This is the first time I've ever altered a factory bike in 44 years of riding every day (I'm anti-modify).

I think that if this bike doesn't do what I want I'll buy one that does.

Anyway, bottom line. My FZ1 is now the bike that Yamaha should of released to the world. Probably would't pass the emmissions laws though.

I had my ECU done at Dynobike, lots of problems and its still not right, best you send it to Ivans or get an FCE &PC5

sending your ECU all the way to the USA and then getting it sent back is just plain dumb, like as if no one in australia can tune a bike and only the mythical "ivan" can.

Just take your bike to a dyno tuner and get it tuned properly

Back