ECU flash question

I’ve been reading about the ivan flash for our bikes and since it realy improves it, I want one :D. The only “problem” is that I don’t want to send my ECU to America.
So I’m thinking about buying a used one on Ebay or here on the forum and put Ivan as send to adress. But I’m wondering will any FZ1 2006-2015 ecu (from America) will work on a 2009 europe bike ?

Check with Ivan, I think he has a guy in the UK doing his flashes as well.

The American bikes don't have the coded keys like the EU or Australasia, so they should work, but our ECU's won't work for them unless they get the matching key.

Hope this helps.

I already asked once on the Europe related link on his site

"HI Kim,
Sorry, the Re-flash is a Ivan’s direct item only.

Regards
Stephen
www.sgmotorsport.co.uk"

greg at hilltop in the UK has a flash thats generally recognized as decent. however i haven't had a chance to see one of theirs on the dyno yet so thats second hand knowledge basically.

I’ve been reading about the ivan flash for our bikes and since it realy improves it, I want one :D. The only “problem” is that I don’t want to send my ECU to America.
So I’m thinking about buying a used one on Ebay or here on the forum and put Ivan as send to adress. But I’m wondering will any FZ1 2006-2015 ecu (from America) will work on a 2009 europe bike ?
Just send your ECU to Ivan. It takes you under an hour to get the ECU out, mail it off. Let Ivan know and he will do turn around in a day and have it back to you. It is a lot less hassle then playing the "I hope I am not buying a jacked up ECU" game.

Ivan's customer service is top notch. You will not be disappointed. I have his ECU flash on both of my FZ1s and I absolutely love it. It is a completely different bike with it.

Just send your ECU to Ivan. It takes you under an hour to get the ECU out, mail it off. Let Ivan know and he will do turn around in a day and have it back to you. It is a lot less hassle then playing the "I hope I am not buying a jacked up ECU" game.

Ivan's customer service is top notch. You will not be disappointed. I have his ECU flash on both of my FZ1s and I absolutely love it. It is a completely different bike with it.

it can take weeks to get packages through customs, is what i'm assuming is his hangup

I have a European partner that can do my flash for you.

I don't have problems with customs.... if the forms are filled out correctly, there are no problems.

Send me a PM if you are still interested.

Thanks,

Ivan

European ECUs have a different wire harness and the bike won't even run with a US ECU.

Your key is also coded to your European ECU due to the immobilizer function.... It's just simpler and a lot less $$$$$ for European customers to use their own ECU.

Return shipping from the states is 3-5 days, I usually turn them around the same day as I receive them.

Ivan

Other flash options

Hey Ivan, I was considering your flash as well, but now my Canadian dollar has hit the toilet and my local guy is offering FT ECU flash, I suspect just their basic pre config option

Please let me know what I will be missing out on if I go with the standard- full exhaust ECU flash from these guys. Much thanks

Back