ECU Flash question

Hi all,

I have recently bought an 09 FZ1 and I love it :). I have a question about having the ECU flashed though. I have read a lot of threads on here about getting the Ivan flash done but I seen to think that I will need a Power Commander too. Is this the case or can I just get the ECU flashed as a stand alone to get rid of the restrictions etc?

Here is a picture of my beast :)

IMG_3398.JPG.jpg

I believe Ivan recommends a PCFC or PCV to go with his flash.

Vcyclenut can do a basic flash to remove restrictions or provide a new fuel map. I run David's basic flash which is a great value in itself, but I later added a PCFC so I can play with the fuelling...

Edit - realized you are in the UK. I know there are at least one or two tuners in the UK offering flashes.

Last edited:
I believe Ivan recommends a PCFC or PCV to go with his flash.

Vcyclenut can do a basic flash to remove restrictions or provide a new fuel map. I run David's basic flash which is a great value in itself, but I later added a PCFC so I can play with the fuelling...

Edit - realized you are in the UK. I know there are at least one or two tuners in the UK offering flashes.

In the uk look up Geoff Whale of hilltop motorcycles, posibally the best tuner there is. Mc news took their bike to him a few weeks ago. I had my fz1n tuned by him and I'm well impressed with what he can do. Look up YouTube vids he's done too. He also tunes British superbike teams plus many other well know riders bikes.

I've done the flash and Power Commander, both from Ivan. The difference makes me say; go with him and do what he says. My power is way up and maybe more importantly, he got rid of the scary lag/surge at roll-on. It was so bad stock, I was considering unloading my bike. Now, there isn't another bike I would consider instead. Okay, maybe a couple to go along with, but not to replace!

Jeff

I ride a 2007 flashed it myself and loved the results. Anyone here know if one can use the 20014 table and maps for a 2007? These later maps have more control.

hey guys, living in france i dont know of anyone here that does the ecu stuff, how and where do i get the kit to do it myself?
any info would be much appreciated :)

Oh god, I dare to think what the import duty would be buying things from America. The French customs are the devils work, so anything from outside of the EU trade union is a no go for me

Back