Electrical problem, please help.

I have been searching and have found threads close but not close enough to my problem. First off I have aftermarket headlights (HIDs) and an aftermarket rear/brake light with integrated turn signals, not sure on the brand it was there when I bought it. My battery died on me a few days ago and I replaced it with a new battery. When I turned the bike on my lights never came on. I cannot turn on the headlights and the running rear light does not come on. The brake light and turn signals work properly.

I checked the fuse box and found the headlight fuse broken. I replaced it with the spare and turned the bike back on. Still no lights. I turned it off and checked the fuse, blown. I have purchased more fuses and blown more fuses searching for a short or faulty ground and cannot find anything. All the connections and wires appear to be intact and well connected and insulated.

Any ideas?

Disconnect your ballasts on the HID and try it again with a new fuse. If it doesn't blow reconnect the ballasts and go one size up on the fuse and see what happens.

No, follow that wire and it will lead to a square box. Google HID ballast to get an idea on what it looks like. While your at it google a wiring diagram for aftermarket HID lights. Unplug the ballasts or ballast if your only running a single HID. Replace the fuse, start the bike and see if it blows. If it doesn't you know the HID's are causing the problem. Try plugging in the ballasts and go up one fuse size and see if the fuse blows. When HID's first turn on they use a fair amont of power and sometimes will blow the stock fuse. If the fuse still blows replace your ballast(s).

I have had the bike for about 6 months and with lots of miles I have not had an issue with the 20A fuse. Do you still think I should go up or just replace the ballasts if that does prove to be the problem?

Back