Ever chased a porsce 911 carerra?

fazernoob66

Out for a ride with dad and friend on twisty mountain roads in Arkansas and had a group of porsches came up behind us. The lead car a yellow 911 carerra passed us and I followed him. 100+ in most corners 140s in the straights he couldn't leave me. Finally made it to my turn off, sadly slowed down and waited for my pack to catch up. I realized how much I need to heavily practice counter steering to the left cause I'm right handed. Left side uncoordinated and weaker. Over all was an incredible experience, actually did learn alot chasing him. I need an r1 and a track!

I've never really pushed it to the limit with other cars (or bikes for that matter)... (I may not roll with the right crowds, lol)... It's interesting to me that you feel your 'left side is uncoordinated and weaker' because you're right handed..

I'm right handed, and I actually feel like I lean better to my left side than my right - perhaps it is the routes that I frequent? I also can't say I've really pushed my bike that fast for an extended amount of time, so it's possible that I know nothing. :)

I definitely feel like I could learn a lot from a track day (never been).

I find that I can hold a left turn better as well, but because i often trailbrake when reaching the limit of grip, and it is hard for me to both push hard on the peg and the brake with the one foot.

I definitely noticed I steer more with my right arm. Instead of pushing with my left to initiate a turn I more pull with my right. Definitely feels a bit uncontrolled when riding hard. I'm going for another hard ride today, I'm going to heavily focus on fixing it.

I learn if I am riding hard I have to use alot of foot pressure also just to make my brain say to hand push down harder lol

Out for a ride with dad and friend on twisty mountain roads in Arkansas and had a group of porsches came up behind us. The lead car a yellow 911 carerra passed us and I followed him. 100+ in most corners 140s in the straights he couldn't leave me. Finally made it to my turn off, sadly slowed down and waited for my pack to catch up. I realized how much I need to heavily practice counter steering to the left cause I'm right handed. Left side uncoordinated and weaker. Over all was an incredible experience, actually did learn alot chasing him. I need an r1 and a track!

I cannot recall where I read this, but it was stated that here in America, riders have less ability on left turns, because all of our off-ramps and such are typically right handers. So, we spend more time practicing the righties over the lefties.
There is one set of turns here (actually in town) that are 2 hard left hand turns, followed by an S-turn. I find the whole sequence very difficult and keep trying it when I am on that patch of road (even though it takes me away from work, home, etc.)...best of luck in staying with the cars, which have less fear about going around turns at high speed, since they have 4 contact patches, air bags, seat-belts, and a metal cage to help build their confidence, and make up for any driving skill that they may not have.

Back