Exhaust Adjustment questions Gen 1

Does this clasp need to be flush with the exhaust? I needed to readjust the exhaust to make it flush with the base beneath the right foot peg and to readjust the rubber in between the clasp and the top of the exhaust. Well I ended up moving the exhaust forward like an inch to make it flush now the clasp at the top isn't flush? I'll post pics to show you what I mean... But is it worse or better? Is that unsafe at high speeds?

View attachment 15654

From what I'm seeing you need to twist the mid-pipe counter clockwise and keep going until the nameplate on the can is directly on the side, if you get what I mean. I had the same issue when I switched from the D&D to the Yoshi. The swingarm started making contact with the can. I twisted it out and also installed two flat washers on the "inside" of the peg mount in order to give me additional clearance.

If you look closely you can see where I placed the washers.

IMG_0155.jpg

Look at how the OP has the muffler strap bolted on. The ends of muffler strap should both on the outside of the footpeg mount (like the above post). This will tighten the strap and move the muffler outboard, which is what you want

Look at how the OP has the muffler strap bolted on. The ends of muffler strap should both on the outside of the footpeg mount (like the above post). This will tighten the strap and move the muffler outboard, which is what you want

Good eye! Your exactly right about that. Nice job. I looked at it and didn't notice that. I just thought that the new can was smaller in diameter than what he had previously. Easy fix I'd say!:Rockon:

Back