Exhaust and lighting

I'm in search of an all black slip on. Not carbon fiber print. Anyone seen one around? Also will knocking the baffling out of my stock exhaust (where the slip on attaches) eliminate needing to get a full system?

Second question, led ground effect lights. I've not had a ton of time to research. I'm needing something fair priced, plenty bright, and easy to install. Colors are optional, although blue/green/gold are the favorites as of now.

Any help would be awesome!

Thank God for sunshine in Oklahoma!

Vance & Hines make a really nice black slip on. I think the baffling you refer to is the cat. Search "cat gut" for info on how this will effect the way your bike runs.

If you knock the cat out i would recommend a pcIII. As far as any baffle, you could tie open the exup valve where the factory slip on attaches. Then for led lights. I have red led light strips from autozone, they have some that face forward from the strip and some that shine from the edge depending on where you want to put them. just stick them on.

Last edited:
exhaust mod

for what it's worth, In 2009, bought a used 08 FZ-1 with a Scorpion muffler. It required a mid pipe (between muffler and header) to replace the EXUP which was not compatible with the after market muffler. I repacked it twice trying to quiet it down. I ended up buying off ebay a stock muffler/EXUP (one piece unit) which I'll install this spring. As we all know, the EXUP is suppose to increase low end acceleration. Mine has been fairly doggy with this after market unit up to 6 grand or so then takes off like a rocket. I'm returning to stock to control noise. Period, I find it too loud under the mildest acceleration and it drones at cruising speeds which just drives my hearing crazy, EVEN WITH EAR PLUGS. Currently have about 30k miles on it and love the back roads of MW lower Michigan. Of which I still have 3 to 4 foot of snow on my lawn as of this date. (3/28) For the loud pipes safe lives folks, I believe in and use hi-viz clothing for added safety. And have witnessed the improved safety margin over and over again.

Back