Fazer 1000 front brake pads rattling....

darkcloud

Hi all
More help needed...

My Fazer 1000 2003 has developed rattling front brake pads....can hear them whilst on bike and they can be 'rocked' forwards and backwards in caliper..

May have only come on since a brake bleed.....maybe..

Is this normal...i seem to remember a similar issue with a thundercat I had a few years ago..cant recall outcome though

I have a 2009 FZ1 bought new about a year ago. The pads rattled in the calipers from day one. Going slow over bumps you can really hear them. You can move them in the calipers by hand they just jiggle a little. Ive since added ss brake lines and new fluid, no change. Figure its normal.

I have a 2009 FZ1 bought new about a year ago. The pads rattled in the calipers from day one. Going slow over bumps you can really hear them. You can move them in the calipers by hand they just jiggle a little. Ive since added ss brake lines and new fluid, no change. Figure its normal.

Yea, it's normal for the pads to move around and rattle a bit.

Does it not annoy the sh!te out of you?

Yea, it's normal for the pads to move around and rattle a bit.

Cheers...must say it seems weird that it could be normal..have the bike about 6 months and it's only started now...could it be as pads are fairly worn?

Does it not annoy the sh!te out of you?

Cheers...must say it seems weird that it could be normal..have the bike about 6 months and it's only started now...could it be as pads are fairly worn?

How many miles/km have you put on those pads? I suppose they could rattle more as they wear, but the caliper pistons always keep them more or less the same distance from the rotors regardless of the wear. And yes it's quite annoying, especially when going over low speed bums since you really hear them then.

Back