Fender eliminator

Hey everyone I am sure this has been covered a thousand times.I work part time as a parts guy at a Yamaha dealer Donelsons here in Saint Louis. How do you disconect your tail light wires to install a fender eliminator kit. I would like to reuse my stock tail lights because their big. Also would like to use thefactory plate light if possible.:disturbed

The turn signals have connectors under the passenger seat. i cant remember but i think i cut the l/p light so cant help with that one.

Last edited:
If you don't want to cut your wires you'll have to remove the inner fender liner and the entire plastic tail sectlion to be able to access the point where the turn signal and license plate lites plug in. There are threads here where it is shown which nuts and bolts you have to remove. If you are ok with cutting the wires it is far simpler as the stock fender can be dropped by undoing the four bolts, cutting the wires and removing the unit. Then you can transfer the stock signals to your new fender eliminator, and depending on which eliminator you use the stock license plate light can also be reused with some minor adjustment. That's what I did with the Evotech FE and it looks and functions great.

No cutting of wires, Jeeze. There plug in. 2 on left shifter side and 1 on the right rear brake side. I just did it 09 Fz1. Or did I miss some thing here ?

Thanks everyone I didnt want to do any cutting so I guess I will take it apart and find the plug ins. I will try to get some pics when I am done. Thanks Again

Back