Fill up

Below seat in front of shock

IMG_0250.jpg

Just above the right heel gaurd you can see the overflow bottle on a Gen 2 (white container in the right side of the picture). The access the filler cap (small black cap) you need to remove the right plastic side cover under the seat. Then use a long neck funnel to reach the bottle. Be sure to have it on the center stand when checking the level, or filling. If you overrfill it will just end up on the ground when the bike heats up.

I flush the radiator over the weekend n fill the antifrez from the radiator cap, but over flow tank is empty. :-(

Then you need to top up the overflow container to the minimum (lower) mark and run it. You may have to add more a second time I suspect.

I actually suggest that you fill the overflow container to the max level mark the first time. If it's empty there's probably a little air in the radiator and it will take the antifreeze from the overflow tank after you run it for a while.

Harbor Freight Funnel

I bought the $2 transmission funnel after removing that side cover. Pull the back end down (so the rear tire is touching the ground) while on the center stand. If I did not do this, I was over the top line on the over-fill tank.

Deluxe Transmission Funnel

BTW:

Anyone know how often we should flush the radiator system and put in new coolent?

I bought the $2 transmission funnel after removing that side cover. Pull the back end down (so the rear tire is touching the ground) while on the center stand. If I did not do this, I was over the top line on the over-fill tank.

Deluxe Transmission Funnel

BTW:

Anyone know how often we should flush the radiator system and put in new coolent?

According to the owner's manual the coolant should be replaced every 16k miles or 2 years.

And by the way the proper way is to check the coolant level is on the center-stand and with the engine cold.

Back