For once I am glad the weather is turning colder

For once I am glad the weather is turning colder and I am without a bike at this time to ride.

I messed up my shoulder at work a few weeks ago. After going through all the Work Comp insurance procedures, I finally met with a Orthopedic surgeon on Friday. He read the MRI images I got and it is official. I will be having surgery to repair my shoulder. They are working on scheduling it now.

I have a full-thickness tear of my rotator cuff, a partial-thickness tear of the posteroinferior glenoid labral quadrant and a full thickness tear with multiple small paralabral cysts along the anteroinferior glenoid labrum.

Should be fixed and completely rehab by the time the spring riding season comes around. :cheers:

I've had the same thing, except I had a golf ball size calcium deposit in the joint as well (from the original injury) that had to be removed. It was a relief to have the surgery, but the day or two after was not much fun. You will be shocked at how quick muscle mass shrinks when you can't use your arm. It was tough, but very helpful to go through physio afterward. Good luck.

I've had the same thing, except I had a golf ball size calcium deposit in the joint as well (from the original injury) that had to be removed. It was a relief to have the surgery, but the day or two after was not much fun. You will be shocked at how quick muscle mass shrinks when you can't use your arm. It was tough, but very helpful to go through physio afterward. Good luck.

Ouch!!

Yeah, I had a labrum tear repaired in my left shoulder about 8yrs ago. Surgery went great but the rehab was the hardest part.

Pics of the inside of my shoulder from my previous surgery. Hoping to get a matching set for this shoulder. LOL

Here's mine. Good luck

KeeShoulderRepair.jpg

I hope your surgery & PT go well.

If you don't mind telling me,
how did you hurt it?
how did you know it was bad enough to see a Dr and not just a massage therapist?
what did it feel like when you got injured?

(I think I might have hurt mine lifting a display, but I've just been going to have a massage every once in awhile)

I hope your surgery & PT go well.

If you don't mind telling me,
how did you hurt it?
how did you know it was bad enough to see a Dr and not just a massage therapist?
what did it feel like when you got injured?

(I think I might have hurt mine lifting a display, but I've just been going to have a massage every once in awhile)

Sent you a message. :sport12:

Home now. They had to open up my shoulder a little instead of just scope to do what they needed to. Gonna be rough few days a head. Hard to do anything right now and I am discovering that I am not good at left handed only. LoL

Back