Frame cracking gen 11

Frame cracking

Hi . Been reading threads on cracking welds on the gen 2 . Has any one in the uk suffered ? Or is this limited to a certain batch overseas . Cant stop checking mine at the mo .!!

Last edited:
"very common" would be an overstatement. From reports that I read it was limited to "some " of the 2006 year models, and there were only a few that I remember posts about. This was due to faulty welds on a particular batch of frames. Yamaha has been good with replacement even after the warranty has long expired. Only one case where a member had to fight and in the end Yamaha made good. This would probably (short of an accident / crash) have reared it's ugly head by now, unless you have next to no miles on the bike, or just started learning how to do wheelies.

I would just keep an eye on it like any other part of the bike as a routine check, but don't lose sleep over it.

"very common" would be an overstatement. From reports that I read it was limited to "some " of the 2006 year models, and there were only a few that I remember posts about. This was due to faulty welds on a particular batch of frames. Yamaha has been good with replacement even after the warranty has long expired. Only one case where a member had to fight and in the end Yamaha made good. This would probably (short of an accident / crash) have reared it's ugly head by now, unless you have next to no miles on the bike, or just started learning how to do wheelies.

I would just keep an eye on it like any other part of the bike as a routine check, but don't lose sleep over it.

guess your right , 6 year old now with 34k on the clock so would have showed by now , I dont wheelie any more , kind of lost the nerve now after I flipped one years ago :evillaugh:

guess your right , 6 year old now with 34k on the clock so would have showed by now , I dont wheelie any more , kind of lost the nerve now after I flipped one years ago :evillaugh:

Yea, all the ones I remember were relatively low mileage ones. Definitely a defect that didn't take too long to show up so I'm sure you're will be fine.

Back