Frame Plugs

meinschaft

I purchased a set of frame plugs for my FZ1 from this place:

Frame Plugs Yamaha FZ1 2006-2007

There are 2 small plugs, both of which fit, albeit a bit looser than they should. There are 2 large plugs. The one for the right-side of the frame fits OK (have to tap it in); the large plug for the left side of the frame isn't even configured correctly - no way it can be used.

Has anyone purchased this set of plugs? Anyone have this problem? The webpage states '2006-2007'. Did the frame change after 2007?

One thing I did with the swingarm plugs on the stock bike, was to coat the inside tangs with black silicone. I had previously experianced the plugs slowly working themselves out to a precarious degree, almost suceptable to falling off. This cured it permanantly and still allowed removal at a later date. Any plugs should be facilitated likewise with silicone. Not sure, but I'v heard nothing but good about the plugs you propose getting, still a bit of safety would be prudent.

I purchased a set of frame plugs for my FZ1 from this place:

Frame Plugs Yamaha FZ1 2006-2007

There are 2 small plugs, both of which fit, albeit a bit looser than they should. There are 2 large plugs. The one for the right-side of the frame fits OK (have to tap it in); the large plug for the left side of the frame isn't even configured correctly - no way it can be used.

Has anyone purchased this set of plugs? Anyone have this problem? The webpage states '2006-2007'. Did the frame change after 2007?

The frame never changed to my knowledge. I have an '06 and ran into the same issue with some frame plugs I bought off of eBay.

One thing I did with the swingarm plugs on the stock bike, was to coat the inside tangs with black silicone. I had previously experianced the plugs slowly working themselves out to a precarious degree, almost suceptable to falling off. This cured it permanantly and still allowed removal at a later date. Any plugs should be facilitated likewise with silicone. Not sure, but I'v heard nothing but good about the plugs you propose getting, still a bit of safety would be prudent.

Thanks. This was my first thought, and I planned on doing it for the 3 plugs that fit. Unfortunately this won't work for the left side plug because the shape is totally wrong.

You are not the first to have this issue. As much as I would like a deal on the plugs, I have been looking, I always come back to this place:

Lawst Caws Yamaha FZ1 Frame Plug Cover Kit 06-09 - Tobefast

I still think it seems like a lot of change for what you get. The name (of the plug maker) is ironic.:laugh2:

Well that's more or less what I payed for my plugs and had issues with the one. I eventually made it work, but I shouldn't have had to. If you want them then I would say just buy them from there so you don't have to deal with any fitment issues over a few $.

Frame Plugs Ordered

Well that's more or less what I payed for my plugs and had issues with the one. I eventually made it work, but I shouldn't have had to. If you want them then I would say just buy them from there so you don't have to deal with any fitment issues over a few $.

Well I took your advice. I decided that I wanted them badly enough to cough up for them. I will post up pictures when they arrive before and after install. Hopefully this isn't a "Lawst Caws". We will see if the E-bay ones and the ones I ordered have any difference other than price.

Back