From the VFR to FZ1

Vader

Hello everyone.

Just another FZ1 enthusiast coming to participate with this forum.

Have been riding since 1982 and the FZ1 is my first Yamaha that I've owned. In the recent years,had a VFR (which I still love and miss but the weight was getting to me), quite a few supermotos and dual sport bikes, a Vstrom 650, and a Honda 919 . Also a few quirky European motorcycles.

After reluctantly taking a test ride on the FZ1 at work, I found it to have the combo of all the bikes listed while having it's own character.

Now I'm here with fellow enthusiasts to start off the 2009 year. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Been the same route with a few hondas in the distant past (vfr750 vfr 400). But now on my 6th yam! Like you I have realised the ideal balance the Fz1 offers of outright performance and comfort. Enjoy.

Welcome to the group. I traded a 2008 DL650 for the FZ1 myself. The DL was a very nice bike, probably much better than most riders think, but the FZ is in a different category and has the punch, yet manners that make it a great bike.

first welcome to the site.

When I deciced to buy the bike I went to a dealer here and got the VFR for a ride, It wasn't my cup of tea. The FZ1 is much better nearly in every aspect.

My best friend has a VFR800. When we go on longer rides we switch off just to get the feel of a different bike. I like it, I owned an 83 Interceptor, but I definately like the FZ1 better. Has a ton more horses than the VFR does.

I think I will be passing on the switching off more now that I have the FZ1.

welcome to the forum from sunny scotland [yeah right] i got my fz1 in july last year.i,ve done 1600 miles and done a few mods to it,i'm really enjoying it.hope you enjoy yours too.

Back