FS: Blue 2002 FZ1 $3500 obo

[SOLD] FS: Blue 2002 FZ1 $3500 obo

**SOLD**

Hi!

I am selling my blue 2002 FZ1, I’m asking $3500 obo and I’m in Conshohocken, PA. [Edit] Sorry forgot the mileage! It has 15419 miles, though that may go up a little bit, I still ride it occasionally.

I’ve had it for about 3 years and have really loved riding it, I’m only selling because I just bought an FJ-09, and I don’t have space for 2 bikes.

It’s been used mostly for commuting to and from work. There was one track day (in the beginner group) at Summit Point Raceway, which was a blast!

It runs well and has no mechanical issues that I know of. The bike looks really good at 15 feet, but once you get closer you can start seeing the little cosmetic blemishes in the paint. I have an album of photos for this post here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5KUbagg5XE17Q5SJ8 (the water puddle is from not drying the bike completely...)

One of the carbs (second from the left) had a crack in its float bowl from before I owned it, the previous owner jb welded the bowl. That carb can’t be drained with the drain screw, but there haven’t been any leaks since I’ve owned it.

I keep track of all maintenance and modifications in this spreadsheet.

Here are the main modifications:
  1. Installed an MCCruise electronic cruise control on the bike the winter after buying it, it works great for long highway stretches
  2. Delkevic exhaust and Dynojet jet kit
  3. Oxford heated grips
  4. Sargent World Sport Performance seat
  5. Metzeler Roadtec 01 Tires (about 4000 miles ago)

I also have a bunch of extra bits and pieces that are included:
  1. Original windscreen, levers, foot pegs, and handlebar clamp tops
  2. Brand new ignition switch with 2 keys (I thought the switch was messed up at one point, turned out it was a short under the tank)
  3. The original MCCruise install documentation that they sent to me, includes steps to change settings on the computer
  4. 2011 s1000rr rear shock (you don’t have to take this one, but I was planning on installing it, apparently it’s a very similar size)

I’d be happy to show the bike to anyone and cold start it, test rides only with cash in hand. I have the title with no marks or liens.

Oh I also track my gas mileage on fuelly (averaging 38mpg): Fazer (Yamaha FZ1) | Fuelly

I’m asking $3500 obo. Thanks for taking the time to read all that!

TL;DR - Selling blue bike, $3500 obo, mechanically very good condition, cosmetically good condition, bunch of extras

IMG_20180630_111458.jpg
IMG_20180630_111005.jpg
More photos in the linked album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5KUbagg5XE17Q5SJ8

Last edited:
Back