Fuel gauge problem

Follow up

The Yamaha dealer had a look at the fuel sending unit, and came to the conclusion that it's not supposed to do what it does, and should be replaced on the extended warranty. Might be interesting to those of you who occasionally look at the fuel gauge

The Yamaha dealer had a look at the fuel sending unit, and came to the conclusion that it's not supposed to do what it does, and should be replaced on the extended warranty. Might be interesting to those of you who occasionally look at the fuel gauge

Well let us know if the problem is resolved after the dealer replaces the part...

Update

So my Yamaha dealer replaced the fuel pump unit on the extended warranty. It cost about 800$ including work. The fuel meter works much better now. I asked the mechanic how he came to the conclusion that it has to be replaced but he didn't remember since it was a while ago.

I basically told them that my fuel meter stays at full for about 90-100km then suddenly drops to about half, and then after 50 more km or so drops to the reserve and starts blinking.

So my Yamaha dealer replaced the fuel pump unit on the extended warranty. It cost about 800$ including work. The fuel meter works much better now. I asked the mechanic how he came to the conclusion that it has to be replaced but he didn't remember since it was a while ago.

I basically told them that my fuel meter stays at full for about 90-100km then suddenly drops to about half, and then after 50 more km or so drops to the reserve and starts blinking.

Glad to hear that they fixed your problem under warranty. At least members will have an idea of where to start if they get the same symptoms. :gaming:

Back