Fuel Injection Conversion??

Hello Fellows,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully Fi'd their 01 - 05 1st generation Model FZ-1?

If so, could you be so kind to share all the how much, how this, & how that details??

Cheers and Happy New Year Gentlemens and Ladies.

Hello Fellows,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully Fi'd their 01 - 05 1st generation Model FZ-1?

If so, could you be so kind to share all the how much, how this, & how that details??

Cheers and Happy New Year Gentlemens and Ladies.

I don't know of any myself. We have a lot of threads on this subject. For the most part they point out how the gen 2 hardware won't fit a gen 1 engine and frame. You may be able to adapt the FI hardware from some other bike, but it would be far easier and cheaper to buy a nice used gen 2. The carbs actually have many advantages. Such as better mileage and smoother throttle (after rejetting)response after warmup. I lived in Cold Lake,Alberta for a while and I know how much of a pain it is to warmup a bike that been sitting over night in the cold.

Wobble fire motors are somewhat difficult to Squirt. The challenge is getting a clean tach signal. Is the two throttle bodies? If there is just one, fuel balancing will also be ugly. Some versions of Squirt code can deal with really strange fire orders. Others will not.

Beast

Not my gen1 but I'm seriously considering microsquirt for my VX800.

Oooo that would be a tough one. The cool thing about MegaSquirt is it is an "open" software. The bad thing, its an open software and unless someone has written code you're on your own.

A buddy of mine, "Fred" on the FZ6 forum added a turbo kit to his BMW K75; using Ford Ranger fuel injectors and MegaSquirt to control it. He also had to made a different timing disc, and about three trips to the dyno to get it to run. He did the project because it a project and projects are fun.

That said, if you want a fun project that will challenge you and make you work, go for it! :)

Back