Fuel injection synchronizing

Is this an important thing to do with the 600 mile service? How likely is the injection to be out of sync? Are there any other likely issues to check? I'm trying to decide if I want to change the oil and filter myself and save maybe $150. Thanks

Hi
I guess you mean throttle body sync ,, I don't think I would bother at 600 miles unless its idling erractic ,,, did mine at 30k and didn't really need any adjustment , other than oil & filter just check every thing works as it should , lube every thing & check general adjustments ( clutch /throttle free play )

I agree that unless its not idling smooth skip the sync .

Many will disagree with what I'm about to say but ............ a throttle-body sync on the FZ1 2006-2013 only effects idle !! People keep disagreeing with me on this but if you take a close look at the linkage, thermowax unit and the little tiny air passageways on the throttle-body its apparent. Your only balancing the vacuum at idle. The adjustment screws do NOTHING to effect the linkage once you move the throttle open even a tiny bit. They do not effect balance once the throttle is opened. Simple mechanical fact that most fail to understand

This does not hold true for all bikes but for the Gen 2 FZ1 its a simple fact.

Yes, I was referring to throttle body synchronizing. I thought that it would be more relevant to carburetors rather than fuel injection. Is done to balance vacuum? Thanks

I do my own oil and throttle body sync's. Oil change all you need is a 17 mm socket and a strap wrench. I have mine down to about 10 minutes and I only started working on bikes in December, and this is the 4th oil change. It get's really easy and is like $50 dollars cheaper for me to do on my own

Check out Morgan Carbtune Carbtune.com. It makes it way easier

Back