Fuel milage from FZ6 to FZ1

I commute about 70 miles a day 75% of those highway, filled up last night 18.75 Liters which is 4.95 US gals after 185 miles = 37mpg
I do not baby the bike so not bad......my chevy 2500 about 18 mpg lol

It still amazes me that the Gen. 1 bikes with carburetors, are able to get better fuel mileage that the fuel injected Gen 2 bikes. Otherwise, the two machines are very comparable; weight; displacement; compression; camshaft timing and duration; exhaust system; gear ratios; frontal area; etc.

Does anyone know if a Power Commander can be programmed to subtract fuel from the normal ECU mapping? Never mind performance for a moment - has anybody tried to do a fuel economy program?

Or perhaps there are other factors that take away from the Gen. 2s ability to get better gas mileage. I just cannot imagine what it might be, other than the carb vs. fuel injection as mentioned.

Nope, PC will make it worse. The only way to make it *better* would be to lean out the map and if I'm not mistaken there's very little room for that, as the OEM ECU is already very lean.

Most maps are richer than OEM, so MPG actually goes down (in some cases a lot).

incorrect. generally with a proper tune, mileage usually goes up. a proper tune is about efficient fueling. efficient fueling generates more power. if cruising at 60mph takes 20% engine output, after a proper tune it may only take 10%, which means you're actually using less fuel to go the same speed, the map may be richer than stock, but it's more efficient than stock, meaning it actually uses less. bikes after proper tuning can get between 5-20% more efficient. the many other side affects of a proper tune make it worth it regardless of the mileage increases.

Does anyone know if a Power Commander can be programmed to subtract fuel from the normal ECU mapping? Never mind performance for a moment - has anybody tried to do a fuel economy program?

you can build "mileage" maps but they aren't that great, on top of that you sacrifice in other places like ride-ability that make it not worth it

Does anyone know if a Power Commander can be programmed to subtract fuel from the normal ECU mapping? Never mind performance for a moment - has anybody tried to do a fuel

Yes, a correct tune will get you better mileage, power and throttle response.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back