Full Leather suits: 1 piece, 2 piece

I used to wear a two piece leather suit when I lived in Australia (custom made Tiger Angel).

Small world , my 1 piece is a 15 year old Tiger Angel suit , has been bashed crashed and bashed many times .
Its top notch protection ,
Ive had it in for servicing with them 4 times for damage repairs and gut resizing , lol , but it still is fully useable now and safe , even if it looks a bit daggy.
Cost me $1800 way back then new . State of the art race suit then . I dont use it much thesedays , but it is and was Excellent value for money in the long run.

Id rate it higher that any Alpinestar or Dainese suit made thesedays for high speed shear protection.

They made a very good product ! :tup:

I extend all due respect but what works in Vancouver, Burnaby, New West, Delta, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Richmond, White Rock, Aldergrove and Spuzzum is not necessarily applicable in Texas, in the summer, in the heat. You can add Chilliwack to the list also.

I, respectfully, defer to you on choices in rain gear.

It's great you always name all those places when you reply to me but thankfully, I too have ridden in the hot summer weather of anywhere from 100 to 115F in these places called deserts not far from all those places you listed.

With this magical fluid called water, I sweat in my leathers and can spend all day riding in sweltering misery.

So again I say, leathers all the way.

Your mileage may vary. ;)

I always wear my 2 piece Alpinestars leathers for spirited road riding.

If I'm just riding around town it's usually kevlar jeans and leather jacket or summer textile jacket.

I figure it's better to sweat than to bleed.

Appreciate all the great feedback! I tried on a 58/48 1-piece suit but it was too small too.
One of my summer pants are Rev'it as well.
I just can't beleive I've gone this long without leathers.

So, I went up to DFW yesterday. I was talking with a friend who is an ER doc in Arlington. He told me enough stories about leathers saving riders and also how his doc friends who ride ALWAYS wear them. They show up to work in the hospital with them on, year round. Sold.

I have a Alpinestar GP pro 2 piece suit, Its a great suit for carving through the hills but no good for the daily commute. For weekend riding I can highly recommend it but you got to get the boots and gloves too, no point spending big on the suit and not protecting your feet and hands.

For my daily commute I have a mesh jacket for summer and a nice warm leather jacket for winter

Already been wearing Sidi boots and some protective gloves. Always. ;)

For street leathers look into 2 piece.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that 2 piece is a little longer in the torso vs. a 1 piece.

Also, correct fit on a 1 piece is a nUt grabber when you stand up. 1 piece leathers are cut for on bike, sport position.

For street buy one size too big so you can put on long-johns, etc. For track you want skin-tight.

As Eric said get perf; front and back for TX. If you get only front there is no place for the air to go out the back. My Dainese are only perf on the front and even at 150 there is not enough air flow in the summer.

I've had four set of full leathers over the years. My current Dainese are the best, and nicest by far. The leather is soft, the fit is outstanding, and the armor is simply first rate.

Check out MotoLiberty in SA. They have tons of leathers in stock and can help guide you to the right set for you.

Or...look into custom sets. The prices are really pretty reasonable.

Moto Liberty // #1 gear Store In Texas

For street riding I personally wear textile. I have two sets; Rev'It for the blazing heat, and a nice set of Buell Adventures for the rest of the year. I plan to buy a set of heavier Rev'Its for the cooler weather.

Outstanding info! I'll check it out.:D

I got my custom leather sute at Spartanleathers.com. Paid $699 for a full suit custome made to my exact measurements with my color choices. You can get them in 2-pice also. I had problems finding anything of the rack that fit me. Anything that fit my waist was to long. Anything that fit my inseam was for anorexic men.

There is niothing like leathers made just for you. You might even want to sleep in them. I did!

Review:
Spartan Leathers Charge Race Suit - webBikeWorld

I'll definitely check it out!:D

2pc leather for any kind of hard twisty riding
Kevlar jeans/cargos and textile/mesh all weather 3 layer jacket for commuting/touring.

Full race boots are the common denominator.

You don't want to be caught without leathers if you crash riding hard. Saved a LOT of damage in my low side last year.

So, I went up to DFW yesterday. I was talking with a friend who is an ER doc in Arlington. He told me enough stories about leathers saving riders and also how his doc friends who ride ALWAYS wear them. They show up to work in the hospital with them on, year round. Sold.

Yea, better to sacrifice the leather than your own skin...

I had my first and hopefully last crash this spring. A low side chasing a crazy old S.O.B. and I walked away and even rode the bike home with a non bleeding concussion. I had a small rash on my left forearm the size of a dime because I didn't zip up the sleeves in the jacket because I wanted to stay cool. I now have a fully perforated suit and I do not ride with out it any time or any where. Gear is the best investment you can make.

It's been said but I've had everything and IMHO: one piece leathers for the track, two piece for the street.

I prefer textile for most street riding. It's more of a use once (crash) and replace whereas a good leather piece will take multiple crashes (within reason) Textile is better in cold and hot (IMHO)

I have a really nice A* leather jacket that must be 10 years old now and it's seen at least a couple of crashes and still going strong.

I use mesh textile for really hot days, leather jacket for mild weather and winter textile for extreme cold.

Leather suits have by far the best protection......I recently purchased a one piece lether suit and I use it for street riding since I don't do track, and from my point of view I feel safer that in kevlar jean and leather jacket.

I'm using it whenever my friend's and I are going for a good ride (100 - 150 miles) but for city usage I still have some kevlar jeans, leather jacket.

buying a two piece suit has it's advantages over the one piece cause whenever you stop somewhere to rest a little bit you can easly take the jacket off, however I have tried both and for me a One Piece suit fits better than a two piece suit cause I have a problem with the sizes!!!

During summer in Croatia the temperatures reaches approx. 30 - 35 Degrees Celsius and when riding I feel better in one leather suit (perforated) than in jeans.

If you buy the leather suit spend an extra 50 - 100 dollars for the undersuit, during the summer it keeps you cold, and during the winter it keeps you warm, fantastic thing!!!

Dainese Racing Seam One Piece Undersuit - Bike Stop

I wear a 2 piece Dianese leather suit. The jacket is perforated, but has a liner, which I also had a 'windblock' liner sewn into. If I ride, I wear my leathers! I was wearing a Tourmaster textile outfit, pants/jacket, but IMHO, there is NO comparision between the two. Along w/the leathers, I wear my back protector and race boots.

Worse Case Scenario!

winter-rain season = I wear my GoreTex suit, which keeps me dry and warm. I've got a Magna and a HiFly set. together with my Sidi allweather boots.

Spring-Summer=
road 2 leather pice Revit suit, Sidi Race boots
track 1 piece leather HyFly suit

All occasions backprotector

I wear a 2 piece Dianese leather suit. The jacket is perforated, but has a liner, which I also had a 'windblock' liner sewn into. If I ride, I wear my leathers! I was wearing a Tourmaster textile outfit, pants/jacket, but IMHO, there is NO comparision between the two. Along w/the leathers, I wear my back protector and race boots.

Worse Case Scenario!

I did the upgrade. Finally! I ended up getting a deal for Dianese 2 piece leathers. They work great! :)

Back