Fz1 Euro Headlight Convesion Kit (GET NAKED)

Are these all the parts needed along with part numbers to do the conversion kit? I work at a yamaha dealer so that'd be sweet just to order the parts at my cost rather then paying someone to put the kit together:)

Are these all the parts needed along with part numbers to do the conversion kit? I work at a yamaha dealer so that'd be sweet just to order the parts at my cost rather then paying someone to put the kit together:)

I think so. I took the pictures from everything out of the box. I wrote the description on the first post of this thread the morning after I did the install. I don't know if the euro wiring harness is part of the headlight itself or if its separate. The euro wiring harness has the plugs for the brow lights, and it also has the screw plates to hold down the plugs for the turn signals.

I bought a used S model wiring harness to chop up and custom fit to the euro harness plugs.

Last edited:
Do you have a photo of the headlight harness?

Just in the plastic bag, I was trying to keep the part number with the part, and figured you could see through the bag. I need to do a goo dcleaning here in the next couple of days and will probably take off the headlight housing, I can try to snap a pic then of the harness on the bike.

I'm gonna see if I can piece the kit together today for a price against the kit. I'll let you know what I come up with

So it turns out the parts shark kit isn't a bad price. Parts at cost are somewhere around 515. So you figure you pay someone a couple bucks more to make sure you have all the parts needed its a good deal. IMO

Hello gents!

Found this topic and found it quite useful, so I think you can help me with my problem:

- I got the Z750 which I build for a cafe/street bike. I bought the FZ1n headlight ('cause I love this bike but couldn't afford it) but there were no brackets in the box so I made some fastening by myself. Unfortunately, in the last moment I noticed that the headlight got no threads in any of the holes. So here's my question: how do you exactly mount this headlight to the fork? Where do you screw the screws? Do I need only left&right bracket from this picture or also this thin frame above the headlight - Motorcycle Headlight Set Head Light Assembly for 2007 2008 Yamaha FZ1N 2006 2009 | eBay ?

I'd be very thankful for every response 'cause my whole build is under big question mark right now. I made the conversion from H7 to H4 and everything that's needed but got problems with so small stupid thing -.-'

Regards,
Paul

Hello gents!

Found this topic and found it quite useful, so I think you can help me with my problem:

- I got the Z750 which I build for a cafe/street bike. I bought the FZ1n headlight ('cause I love this bike but couldn't afford it) but there were no brackets in the box so I made some fastening by myself. Unfortunately, in the last moment I noticed that the headlight got no threads in any of the holes. So here's my question: how do you exactly mount this headlight to the fork? Where do you screw the screws? Do I need only left&right bracket from this picture or also this thin frame above the headlight - Motorcycle Headlight Set Head Light Assembly for 2007 2008 Yamaha FZ1N 2006 2009 | eBay ?

I'd be very thankful for every response 'cause my whole build is under big question mark right now. I made the conversion from H7 to H4 and everything that's needed but got problems with so small stupid thing -.-'

Regards,
Paul

The left and right black parts mount with "self tapers" to the headlight. These then attach with 4 set screws to the fabricated wire and plate bracket. This is attached to the undersides of the upper and lower triple clamps with 6mm screws.

The left and right black parts mount with "self tapers" to the headlight. These then attach with 4 set screws to the fabricated wire and plate bracket. This is attached to the undersides of the upper and lower triple clamps with 6mm screws.

Ok, I think I understand it now.

So self tappers make the threads in the headlight's holes. Then these 4 set screws attach it to the wire - You meant this thin frame in the image, as I get it. Then this attach to the front fork through these triple clamps. Is that right?

So, as far as I understand, I got to melt metal threads in these holes (in the headlight) or just use the self tappers if I trust them enough ;) Then, make my own wire and attach it somehow to my fork.

Some photos to help

1st shot is the wire and plate bracket mounted to triples

004-14.jpg

2nd shows the side plates (white) have grommets which slide over the posts on the back of the headlight into which the self tappers screw

005-9.jpg

Hope this helps.

fz1 get naked.

Thank you all you guys . It's so helpful.

Attachments

• 20140502_154421.jpg
    20140502_154421.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 793
  • 20140502_210900.jpg
    20140502_210900.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 20140514_233328.jpg
    20140514_233328.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:
Naked Conversion

Pictures of the parts number included in the kit. I will look and see if I can figure out the parts that were in there.
Bolt, Flange 95817-06016-00 $1.05
View attachment 15610
Screw, Truss 97707-50014-00 $1.05
View attachment 15611
Bolt, Flange 95817-06012-00 $1.05
View attachment 15612
Damper (I was calling grommet) 4XV-83513-00-00 $2.31
View attachment 15613
Screw, Tapping 90164-05001-00 $1.24
View attachment 15614

View attachment 15615

Thanks for sharing this information! I wrote down all the part numbers but am curious about the quantity of some of the parts and if they are just as shown. Thanks for any help or information.

I know this thread has been going on a long time, but has anyone else noticed the Parts Shark that everyone keeps talking about doesn't appear to have this kit anymore? The link provided doesn't work. 404, Page Not Found Is there another page I'm not finding?

Also, I don't see many people talking about using the FZ8 headlight. Seems popular elsewhere, just not on this forum. Is sounds easier, is the reason people aren't doing it just based on looks?

Finally decided to make the change to naked

I know this thread has been going on a long time, but has anyone else noticed the Parts Shark that everyone keeps talking about doesn't appear to have this kit anymore? The link provided doesn't work. 404, Page Not Found Is there another page I'm not finding?

Also, I don't see many people talking about using the FZ8 headlight. Seems popular elsewhere, just not on this forum. Is sounds easier, is the reason people aren't doing it just based on looks?

I just made the decision to convert my 2006 FZ1 to naked FZ1, I'm excited to get started. Yeah the kit is still there I had to look around their site a bit but I found it.

FZ1 Headlight Kit with Radiator Guards : Part Shark

Good luck

Conversion Complete

3 hours it took to complete. Partshark kit and step by step instructions from Ssky0078....

Attachments

• conversion2.jpg
    conversion2.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 4146.jpg
    4146.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 350
And Here's Mine...

Thought I'd throw in a few pics of my recent naked conversion using the cheapie(ish) eBay-sold Chinese conversion kit. This bike is my workhorse, so I'm not concerned with it being the prettiest beast on the road by spending all sorts of money on pretty carbon fiber radiator guards and other nifty nonessentials. Though I suppose I do need a new set of mirrors. That said, it still gets looks... though just not sure they're complimentary.

Attachments

• IMG_6668.jpg
    IMG_6668.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_6669.jpg
    IMG_6669.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_6670.jpg
    IMG_6670.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 455
Nice. Home made tail?
Thanks. Yes, this FZ1 was my bike project done on the Cheap & Quick; everything either cost me nothing or very little and took relatively no time to do. The solo-seat fiberglass project was done over a weekend for less than $50 in materials. I don't even have any plans to paint the black primer I' ve had on here since I built the thing. The bike has been knocked over twice by shitty car parkers and rear-ended (with me on it) recently by an actor on his way to an audition. That full-system Graves exhaust was paid for by the kid's insurance company, replacing the stock headers and a Graves slip-on he damaged in the incident.

And speaking of homemade... the photo is of my R1 project of five years ago that I dubbed the R-None, as in none of the stock plastic. Unlike with the FZ1, I was meticulous about all the fiberglass pieces I built for that one: the solo-seat tail, the tank cover that housed the gauges, and the air intake shrouds). The exhaust mid-pipe I had custom built (the 07 R1 came with dual, under-tail set-up), but everything else I did myself. I did something similar, though less flashy, with a Suzuki SV650 a couple years later, but have long since lost my steam in such projects--that's why I spent so little time and money on this one. And I only built this tail to prevent me from thinking about riding with a passenger. This following catastrophic injuries at the hands of yet another phone-distracted car driver (the actor was on his phone, too). Now, even if I wanted to give someone a lift, I can't.

Attachments

• Page_4.jpg
    Page_4.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 770
Anyone here who has done the conversion? Need some info for a custom application.
I bought the Made in China one; way less expensive, but it also came slightly bent so I had to pull it straight. All is well with it now, but I'm not familiar with the expensive OEM conversion it sounds like you bought.

Back