FZ1 GENII R1 Shock Conversion Parts: shock, clevis and Satan's Adapter. $150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I sold my 2010 FZ1. I installed a '07 R1 Shock and Satan's adapter and removed it before sale. Parts include the R1 shock, adapter, R1 clevis and the R1 linkage (which you don't need, but it came with the shock when I bought it.) Installation is easy (assuming you're used to working on your bikes) and in my installation I did not need to relocate the EXup motor. I just shifted it a bit to the side and ziptied it. No interference with the coolant tank. It rests nicely against it without pressure. Probably the hardest part for you will be figuring out how to get the rear end up in the air without any load on the suspension. I happen to have a stand that lifts the bike from the foot pegs just for this purpose but I'm sure you can figure something out. You need to unload the shock to remove/install. As all the posts relate: it transforms the bike. Because I used my bike a lot on the track, I also installed Soupy's raising link to get the rear up higher so that I wouldn't drag pegs, shifter, brake lever and muffler cowl piece and got the bike to turn quicker while still allowing the use of the stock side stand. The R1 shock has high/low speed compression damping, rebound and preload adjustment. Selling for $150 plus shipping. Bang for buck, this is a great modification. Even if you don't track your bike, the rear end improvement in compliance is significant without spending $700 + for an Ohlins, Penske etc...

I am also selling Soupy's raising link and GPR Steering Damper under separate listing. All three items turned this bike into a formidable weapon on the track. My top-box mounted "old man's" bike embarrassed quite a few sport bikes.

PM me for any questions and pass me your email if you want more hi-res pics. I have Satan's original instructions and many pictures of my install process and will be reasonably available to answer questions during your install (I won't hold any hands though)

Thanks!

At this point, it's ridiculous to believe it would make it this far. But I stood in line once for black friday sales, so I'll ask for the forth shot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back