fz1 missfire

Bit of a strange one
Took the bike to work one day last week & ran as normal ,when I came to leave,as I pull away I get a hiccup. Still cold I figure so carry on,but every time I accelerate from closed throttle it miss fires on one cylinder, it was low on fuel so filled up at next stn,but made no difference. Im thinking probably a coil stick ? Two days later I use it again,do 80 miles and it runs spot on . I've added a fuel cleaner for now,so guess I'll just need to monitor

I have similar problem. That returns.
After about 400 miles after I bought my bike, it started to missfire. Visited Yamaha and they changed the plugs. Everything looked fine, the ride was smooth. After about 1200 miles again. It started to missfire between 1k-2.5k rpm. Yesterday I unplugged battery, plugged again and let it run for 15 minutes. Now it runs smoothly again.
Anyone had similar issue?
I guess if it was TPS noise it wouldn't disappear after unplugging the battery.

Visited yamaha service for 20k km check and they said it is faulty alternator that causes all my problems. It was giving spikes and noise to whole installation.

I had the same problem...random misfire. It turned out to be my #3 plug boot was loose. I'd snap it down, and it would get loose again. Once i replaced it...problem didn't come back.

I've had this same issue for quite a while now. Totally intermittent. It started a while back when I was on the highway running about 70mph. All the sudden I heard what I thought was a Harley running behind me. I glanced in my mirror but there was no one there. I realized that it was my bike that was now running on 3 cylinders! I quickly got out the exit, downshifted, and came to a stop sign. I made a left to get back on the southbound side to go back home and the bike ran perfectly all the way.
I went a couple of months with no more issues. I had attributed it to some bad gas and I added some Star-Tron and fresh gas and I went a couple of months just fine. Then out of the blue it happened again. Same scenario, highway, 70 or so mph, dropping a cylinder and some power. As soon as I slow down to stop it seems to snap out of it and returns to normal. Needless to say I was frustrated so I went and got 4 new plugs and brand new coils. Installed everything and she ran perfectly again. I even had the bike out in PA with Brian and ran the snot out of it for a whole week with no issues. I figured that the problem was done.
So I rode the bike out to Brian's house for a weekend, did two rides with him with no issues. On the ride home after logging 700 problem free miles, again the issue rose it's ugly head! Of course I was pissed that I had just wasted money on new coils without solving the issue. It hasn't happened since that time and I have logged at least another 600 miles. I guess time will tell. I'm totally confused as to why it happens, but for now I'm gonna ride it and worry less! If I'm fortunate to find out the exact issue I'll post it here.

Sounds like yours is worse than mine . I've had no issues since, I wondered if water had got down to the fuel rail and blocked an injector as I remember fueling up some time ago when it was raining and watched a bead of water run in the tank as I opened the cap

I have the cursed problem too! I think my problem started after I had power washed it. I had dryed it off and it sat for a while. Then before I parked in the garage I started it up and it ran like crap?! Missing like crazy? So I rev'd it to get the motor out of its funk and it finally smoothed out! Ran great for about 6 months, it's my daily driver for work so I ride it pretty much everyday rain, shine and even get caught in snow!! Anyway just last month it started missing/hesitating off off idle with load on. And if I crack the throttle it would cough and stall? It's driving me batty!! Installed new plugs, coils, cleaned the K&N and sync'd the throttle bodies. Still have the problem??! Do you think when I power washed it some water got in somewhere causing the problem? I also unplugged very connector, cleaned, greased and reconnected. I was thinking about taking my ECU in to see if that got screwed up? Any suggestions?

Fortunately mines been fine ever since the problem arouse. ... I wonder if you have water / dirt sitting in the fuel rail clogging the injectors from time to time

Back