Fz1 sounds better with earplugs... :(

Why does my/(or all) FZ1 sound better with earplugs and a helmet than without. When I pull into my garage the sound of the engine makes it feel like a sewing machine and I dont like it :). I have a GYTR exhaust too :cowboy:

Well, I liked the sound of my FZ. The stock exhaust is pretty tame at low revs but sounds a lot better once it gets going. I had a MIVV GP on it later, but if I had it to do over, I would leave the stocker on for the sake of the neighbors. They sound (like all bikes) different to the rider than the bystanders.

I run the stock system, but always have earplugs in and helmet on. I think the system sounds fine this way....not too loud or droning like many aftermarket systems. The basic FZ1 engine is a bit clattery in my experience compared to more recently designed engines....it's the nature of the beast.

Same here. Stock exhaust and always wear earplugs and a helmet. Call me crazy but I think my 2012 has one of the best, if not THE best, factory exhausts I've ever heard.

Why does my/(or all) FZ1 sound better with earplugs and a helmet than without

I don't know, but it's probably a good thing. If you go around listening to it without a helmet and ear plugs for very long you won't need any earplugs.

Back