FZ1N 2007 rotor problems

Hello friends, so I recently bought Yamaha FZ1N 2007 with 18 000km ( 11 180 miles) mileage, it is in pretty good condition. But I am a little worried about this rotor problem, and magnets in the rotor who apparently blow up a little to much, from what I heard from the other bikers and other forums.

Can someone please tell me, I one of you have those kind of problems, what are the first signs of a bad rotor and magnet, and should I be worried, because of the fact that my bike have pretty decent and small mileage. Like, approximately how many mileage is needed for such a thing to happen?

Here's some lite reading. I know nothing about Gen 2s

You can pull the side cover off and pull the cover out (with the stator attached). The inside of the rotor will be visible right in front of you. if you see magnet bars, replace. if it's all smooth and the magnets are encased, you're good! The magnets do have enough strength to hold the case in, so getting the case off requires a bit more effort than a "normal" case, but it's not bad at all.

I would recommend getting a new gasket for the cover, but if you confirm that the rotor is good, that's peace of mind. If not, there are threads on this forum with lots of instructions. I reversed a beveled spacer and messed up bearings. Don't do that. However, if you take it slow and deliberate, it's a 30 minute job. The rotor may not want to go back in, but you can just use your fingers to move the starter clutch gear a bit to get all the gears to line up, and the rotor will go back in easily.

Here is where I documented my experience, and I have links to videos that will help a lot. The first part is how to do it right. Most of the thread that follows is what happens when you reverse the beveled spacer. Just be sure to put everything back in the way it came out, and you will be fine. Just pay close attention to the details.

1711369558566.png

Last edited:
Hello friends, so I recently bought Yamaha FZ1N 2007 with 18 000km ( 11 180 miles) mileage, it is in pretty good condition. But I am a little worried about this rotor problem, and magnets in the rotor who apparently blow up a little to much, from what I heard from the other bikers and other forums.

Can someone please tell me, I one of you have those kind of problems, what are the first signs of a bad rotor and magnet, and should I be worried, because of the fact that my bike have pretty decent and small mileage. Like, approximately how many mileage is needed for such a thing to happen?
Just did my 2006 at 30,000 klm. Intermittent stalls with hard to diagnose issues . Hard cold starts. Magnets were intact but replaced everything while it was opened up. $2000 cdn

Back