FZ1S 2008 PC III or V

Hi everybody need some help.

My FZ1S was manufactured 9/2008, according to Wikipedia that makes my bike a 2009 model.
Now here is where it gets a bit tricky, power commander .com list a PC III for a 2008 and a PCV for 2009. So do I buy a PCIII or a PCV and what is the difference?
Any help would be much appreciated

You can use either. If you go with the PC III you can also go with dyno jets ignition module with the PC V you can not. With the PC V you can use Dyno Jets auto tune, but have read this isn't really a great idea , something about the O2 sensor location being to close the the end of the exhaust and fresh air can give in accurate readings( there is a big write up on this on another FZ1 site) the technicals on this are beyond me.

On another note as regarding the year of mfg. I was at a dealer and noticed a bike that was on sale as a 2010. The ID plate had a 2008 mfg date. When I asked he told me that units that were not shipped from the factory were fitted with current color plastics and the updated ecu. True I'm not sure, Possible I think so.

You can use either. If you go with the PC III you can also go with dyno jets ignition module with the PC V you can not. With the PC V you can use Dyno Jets auto tune, but have read this isn't really a great idea , something about the O2 sensor location being to close the the end of the exhaust and fresh air can give in accurate readings( there is a big write up on this on another FZ1 site) the technicals on this are beyond me.

On another note as regarding the year of mfg. I was at a dealer and noticed a bike that was on sale as a 2010. The ID plate had a 2008 mfg date. When I asked he told me that units that were not shipped from the factory were fitted with current color plastics and the updated ecu. True I'm not sure, Possible I think so.

My bike has the 2008 MFG ID plate but the colour scheme is from the 2009 bike here in Australia.

Thanks for the information, I think i will go with the PCIII.

Cheers

Back