FZS1000 as a two up tourer?

darkcloud

Hi All,

Myself and my GF are planning a France trip this summer..I have a a givi rack and box on my 03 FZS1000 and intend adding givi panniers and a tall touring screen....we're planning about 2 weeks away...but:::
I'm wondering is the Fazer up to the job of two up touring about Europe with full luggage?
We're not big people mind you..I'm only 5'7 and she 5'3 and we're skinny fcekers :yes:
Just think Fazer might be on the small side and cramped and uncomfortable (especially for GF) on a two week tour...debating buying a vstrom 1000 ...

Comments?

On a Gen 1 you will be fine.

I agree. Just stretch out a little bit every time you stop for petrol. A 10-15 minute stretch does wonders for your legs. Since your GF is not that tall I don't think it will be much of an issue for her and you can always get a passenger pad for the Givi top case. This way she can lean back and stretch a little while still feeling secure.

Last edited:
I think they make rear peg extenders for the passenger.

I have seen some people make their own extensions, but I guess you need some sort of machining skills...lol

There are these:

Foot Peg Lowering Kit. Wild Hair Accessories. Motorcycle Accessories & Aftermarket European Parts.

However, they are not cheap :(

attachment.php

My wife didn't need the pegs lowered or extended, just to make them quit tickling her feet. I put the FJR 1300 pegs on and mounted the rubber inserts for the front pegs on the FZ1 and no more tickly feet. I also installed Sargent seats and we can easily do 6 hour days, 8 if we stretch it. ( 3 hours and we were in pain with the stock seats) Two days in a row is the most we have done so far, but considering that we are closer to 50 years old than 40 and no where near our high school weights that is not too bad. Young skinny people should have no problems.

I recently added peg extentions for my wife on my Gen2. Same set-up as pictured above. They do 2 things. #1. Allows a more relaxed knee bend #2. allows the passenger to more easily place their weight on the pegs which helps when braking hard. Well worth the investment.

Back