gas leak from plastic T?

I was just riding on this nice 70 degree winter day until my bike was bogging down and smelled like gas;lucky I was close to home.I pinpointed to the plastic T connecting to the pair of carbs,overflow hose? It leaks like crazy when key is on
any ideas??

I was just riding on this nice 70 degree winter day until my bike was bogging down and smelled like gas;lucky I was close to home.I pinpointed to the plastic T connecting to the pair of carbs,overflow hose? It leaks like crazy when key is on
any ideas??

Stuck float? Try tapping on the carb bowls with something to see it if will cure itself of this condition...

what is the T for anyways...there is one for each pair..the left one is leaking on the bottom of hose

I'm assuming you are referring to the tee in the bottom circle of the attached picture. If so it's an overflow for carb bowl as far as I can tell. The other tee I circled is a vent.

attachment.php

tapped on the float bowls first..still leaking badly...sooo I cleaned the carbs up and wala;it only took me 7 hrs;lol:jaw drop:

Glad to hear you got the issue resolved. Tapping the floats rarely works, but I have gotten lucky with that trick in the past. Hey at least you got the satisfaction of fixing it yourself and you only had to invest time and not money ;)

Back