Gauging interest in Group Buy for Satan666's 2Gen R1 Shock Adapter

CBR6RRRider

Group Buy for Satan666's 2Gen R1 Shock Adapter - $75 - NEED 6 MORE!

Hey all,

I just canceled the order for my Penske and I want to get the R1 setup on my bike ASAP. I talked to Satan666 about his R1 shock adapter, however he said he sold the last one this weekend. I want to get this part, but buying one alone will cost me $252. If I can get 8 people in on the deal they will run $75.

So, who is interested?

AFAIK you will be able to run a 04-06 shock and the 07/08 shock provided you have the upper clevis/bolt.

Mods: If this is the wrong spot for this, please let me know or move it to the right spot.

Thanks!

BUYER LIST:
CBR6RRRider
afmracer6 (FROM FZ1OA forum)

Last edited:
Is this adaptor stand-alone, or do you also have to buy an R1 shock? I am interested in changing my stock shock which I have probably fully utilized, at this point. If we can get it for $75, what else is required to do this suspension upgrade?

Is the R1 setup superior to the Penske?

Is this adaptor stand-alone, or do you also have to buy an R1 shock? I am interested in changing my stock shock which I have probably fully utilized, at this point. If we can get it for $75, what else is required to do this suspension upgrade?

Is the R1 setup superior to the Penske?

Agreed. Need more info. I'd rather be able to buy a kit with the shock and everything. What do you think all that would run?

I bought satan's (lol) pegs from him. His work is top notch.

You will need the R1 shock, Satan's adapter, and the upper clevis/dogbone/bolt.

Prices for R1 shocks vary, but it looks like most used ones are about $35-75. They may or may not come with the clevis/bolt/dogbone, and if you have to buy that piece also it runs about $20 (EDIT: SHOULD BE FREE PROVIDED YOU GET IT WITH THE SHOCK). Total cost with Satan's part is give or take $150.

I wouldn't say it is superior to the Penske as that shock is specifically setup for your bike and your weight. I've heard and read on here though that for the vast majority or riders, the R1 shock is a massive upgrade.

As a note, I am making nothing from trying to get this group buy, I am just trying to get one of these adapter's myself. :)

Last edited:
From what I have seen many who are using this say it is well worth it. I saw one response today that said something about it being bar none the best money they spent on the bike.

Here are some comments on the swap:

"Try the R1 shock with Satan666's adapter. I have it on mine. My bike handles as well if not better than my previous Superhawk w/Ohlins and VFR with Penske. This is more a comment on the great handling of the FZ1, since my previous bikes were over 10 years old."

"I have been very pleased with the cost to benefit ratio of the R1 shock I have mounted upside down on my 06 FZ1.

The shock is from a 2007 R1, has the high/low compression adjustment, and rebound of course as well as preload.

I made some custom lower triangles, and had to press the bushing out of the top, machine it slightly, and press in a needle bearing on the top. (Both ends have needle bearings now on my shock.) It fits in upside down perfect, and you can reach the adjustment points without too much effort.

The stock 700lb spring was changed over to the R1 shock, and has quite a bit of pre-load on it as installed. For me, that has worked out very well.

If, and it's a big if, I ever get the Hyperpro spring kit, I'll change it over on the forks and shock, as well as have either the AK20's in front, or the stock setup modified with valves on both sides, not just the compression side.

For being less than 100.00 into this upgrade, I consider it the best deal around. Satan 666's adapter is even less work, and puts you into a great setup for less than 150.00."

And from Satan himself:

'04-'06 > Adjustments for Compression & Rebound.

'07-'08 > Adjustments for Rebound, High Speed & Low Speed Compression.

You will need the shock, upper clevis, clevis nut, pinch bolt & nut."

Back