Gen 2 Battery

Purchased a Gen 2 AGM battery for less than $40 and it works great. The (+) is on the left and the (-) is on the right just like all the charts correctly read.

1. Do not make the same mistake I made and drive a retailer crazy.
2. I ordered the battery and just did a spot check by lifting the pilot seat.
3. When I went to install it before removing the OEM battery, the wiring harness did not line up when you assume that the battery drops in from the top down.
4. I thought the retailer sold me the wrong battery.
5. He sold me the correct battery which I later discovered when I went to remove the stock battery.
6. The battery actually lays in on its side. Very slick, which I never even considered because I never saw it before.Pull it out by the foil.
7. Sealed AGM battery is no maintenance and will not leak.

My '09 orig battery just died - I went to crank it to go for a ride and it cranked dead almost immediately. It had been on a battery tender all along but I guess it was just time. The last time I'd ridden the bike, it offered no warning anything was wrong with the orig battery.

I replaced it with a Shorai I got as part of a group buy about a year ago - had never gotten around to installing it. I'm very familiar with the lithium iron phosphate battery tech from using those batts in several RCs. In sitting a little over a year, the Shorai had lost exactly .01v as compared to the day I received the battery. I bought the higher capacity of the two Shorai batteries that fit the FZ1.

It fired the biked right up and let me go for a spin.

My '09 orig battery just died - I went to crank it to go for a ride and it cranked dead almost immediately. It had been on a battery tender all along but I guess it was just time. The last time I'd ridden the bike, it offered no warning anything was wrong with the orig battery.

I replaced it with a Shorai I got as part of a group buy about a year ago - had never gotten around to installing it. I'm very familiar with the lithium iron phosphate battery tech from using those batts in several RCs. In sitting a little over a year, the Shorai had lost exactly .01v as compared to the day I received the battery. I bought the higher capacity of the two Shorai batteries that fit the FZ1.

It fired the biked right up and let me go for a spin.
That`s the beauty of the Lithium batteries, have the same battery myself, very happy with it.

Back