Gen 2 fork on Gen 1?

You would have to change the triple trees to start. If some one has a set of Gen I forks out we can compare lengh. Once and if you get the Gen II forks in the brakes would be a no brained. You may want to talk to Lee at Traxxion. More than a few have had there Gen I forks serviced by him with fantastic results. Let's face it if you are going to go through the hassle for installing Gen II forks you may as well install the R1 setup Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am going with the R1 forks, but on my Gen 2.. My buddy is riding a Gen 1 and I plan to pass on to him my leftover forks.. It might be a lil shorter than Gen 1 forks.. But i could be wrong as well..

I guess the main thing would be to find out if the triples from the Gen II will fit. I think I would start by measuring the head tube length and compare part numbers for the bearings. This could be fun and a good write up.

I thought about this before deciding to do the r1 conversion. My guess is that since the r1 fork swap on the g2 is a direct swap, to use the g2 forks on the g1 you would need to go through the same process as if you were doing the r1 conversion to the g1. You would have to use the g1 stem in the g2 triples.

I ended up going with the r1 forks because they were cheaper and easier to get. Good luck.

Back