Gen I Fz1 Save on Mulholland

I'm still questioning how it happens there each time with different bikes/riders? Dirt on that spot?

Den I swear to the almighty, there was actually dirt/gravel/rocks:angel:. I was there on April 6th and 7th. At the exit of the corner there was a little bit of gravel kicked into the road at the start of the day on the 6th. I about crapped myself the first time I went around it. The dirt/rock/gravel did get cleaned up a little later in the morning but I thought it was too funny.

I think after riding it several times there is a slight decreasing radius to the last part of the corner. When you enter the corner you naturally follow the road and get close to the yellow lines, then as you start to exit all of a sudden there is a need to correct about another 10-15 degrees back toward the middle of the road that isn't apparent as part of the exit because of the change in elevation of the road. That is why you see so many videos where the guys run off in the road, or if they over correct and low/high side.

After doing it several times it's easier to see/ride.

Last edited:
I'm still questioning how it happens there each time with different bikes/riders? Dirt on that spot?
me too.. I watched many rnkey videos ,most of the time(I think) it's lack of countersteering.. you can see in some videos the front wheel turning into the curb then crash...even my wife saw that (after I made her watch "twist of the wrist" a few times :) ... she's still the biggest noob)

there's one with 2 harleys riding behind a sport bike that crashed at about the same speed, pirates had no problem taking the curve ..

and I see many riders having problems with curves changing radius

It looks like it requires a later final apex.

It looks like he's a new rider to me. He's going all of 15-20 mph...gives it a little gas as he's starting to lean a little more and gets slightly sideways. Big deal. Love the wave at the end. Hey, did everyone see that Randy Mamola high side I just saved. I can't believe this is getting this much air time :confused:

Last edited:
Back