Gen II EXUP cables, install or not?

I will be reinstalling my stock Gen II exhaust system soon.
Is it worthwhile re-installing the cables for the EXUP valve or should I just leave them off?
The valve is fully opened in the default position.

If the idea is to quiet the bike down due to noise cops, then absolutely yes, since the stock system hides the popping by closing the valve when you chop the throttle (which is when the A.I.S. system creates the noise. If you have removed your A.I.S. system then it won't make much difference.

I will be reinstalling my stock Gen II exhaust system soon.
Is it worthwhile re-installing the cables for the EXUP valve or should I just leave them off?
The valve is fully opened in the default position.

You're going the full hog mate! You'll probably have to increase the preload too.

If the idea is to quiet the bike down due to noise cops, then absolutely yes, since the stock system hides the popping by closing the valve when you chop the throttle (which is when the A.I.S. system creates the noise. If you have removed your A.I.S. system then it won't make much difference.

I still have the AIS as I never removed it.
I'm going for they stealth approach this time as I don't want any hassles when riding.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yeah, it's getting that bad here in Nanny State Wales that I'm seriously considering getting a Ducati Multi as my next bike for three reasons: I've always wanted a duke; I like the upright style; and its got a stock exhaust that looks good and I won't bother changing! So much for "freedom"!

Ballmead have you been pulled up on the noise or are just pre empting getting caught?

I was pulled up on the Old Road a couple of months ago and got away with a warning. The cop said my exhaust was borderline and he was pretty good about it.
Now with all this talk of Police checks and EPA testing, its got me spooked.
I've ordered a stock lower air box and at this stage its all ready to go whenever I decide to return the exhaust and intake back to stock.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yep I'm a little spooked but leaving my bike as is for the moment but I am keeping my eyes and ears open for a stock muffler in case I need it. I have the Db insert in with my full Yoshi and it's not too loud. I try to avoid the popular bike roads on weekends, I am lucky enough to get a day off here and there during the week.

Just remember they have been issuing people with notices? With stock pipes. Got to be close to harassment when you consider that it will cost you to prove that it is legal. I'm going to stay with the Yoshi as it is quiet but we're in a no win situation. Also apparently (From Ian's investigation) when you bike is checked/approved a photo will be taken of the set up and will have to be carried with you. As I said though my bike is quiet so I'll run the gauntlet 1st. This pisses me off when you see all those little 4cycl cars running around with a garbage can outlet!

Back