Generations - side mounted camera

Yesterday following AFM674 on his Gen1 FZ1.

[video=youtube_share;EkKgb5fvihQ]http://youtu.be/EkKgb5fvihQ?list=UUTjMITRqAnVwCABSRF93zlg[/video]

That's a cool angle. Any way to get it a little further forward to get you n the bike in the left 1/3 and open up the center for viewing down the road?

Holy crap that is an awesome angle!

Wonder if I can do that with just stock body work (no rack or anything)

Sure, with something like this on the rear grab handle.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

You can get longer ram arms, but it gets very hard to keep it level with the metal ones as their own weight starts to make them sag.

Sure, with something like this on the rear grab handle.

You can get longer ram arms, but it gets very hard to keep it level with the metal ones as their own weight starts to make them sag.

Mama mia that's a great idea! Hooray for u.s. spec fz1's and their rear hand grabbers haha.
So I just checked the website, i'm assuming that's the 'Tough Claw'?

P.s. little side note, I am jealous of your rearsets/pegs. I love them

Mama mia that's a great idea! Hooray for u.s. spec fz1's and their rear hand grabbers haha.
So I just checked the website, i'm assuming that's the 'Tough Claw'?

P.s. little side note, I am jealous of your rearsets/pegs. I love them

Yes that is the Ram "Tough Claw". and the pegs you see are the KTM Rally pegs about an inch longer than stock (on my 990), which are great for standing position off road and very grippy.

I experiment a lot with Go-Pro mounting.

IMG_0416.jpg

Paint roller boom and ram mount bits.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

another mount system that I pieced together.
GoPromount.jpg

Bag mount gives about the same angle as the video above.

Last edited:
You guys really make me want to get a GoPro and make some videos! I have dabbled with it before but I never managed to get good results

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, Dustin, I know what you mean. I have the second to the latest GoPro, with a bunch of accessories - but I seldom use it. I'm usually too busy riding and doing whatever I'm doing to fiddle with it. And then the video I do take, I don't sit down and edit it into something that can be posted and shared. Maybe this season.

Back