GoPro Wide Test Video

Here is the test video from the ride Sunday. Just click on the HQ button to see it in high quality. Also, turn off your volume as I had the setting wrong for the microphone. It should have been on "Low" but I forgot to change the setting. It was my first test so I know better for next time. I love the camera. The video is crisp and clear and the mounts are great. You can virtually stick this baby anywhere on the bike. I will take better video's next time out as I have now learned the good mounting places and the bad ones. Also the issues with the microphone. I have added some music to the video but I don't know how long it takes for them to post it so for now its just horrible noise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgMCQ6Rtn4"]YouTube - GoPro Wide Test on Bear Mountain Riding The FZ1's[/ame]

Thanks Rad. I know about the shield. Thats the way the bike was purchased. I may change it to a clear again. Also, the sound issue needs to be addressed. I have to go over all the settings again and do it right next time. I am going to video some really cool angles that I have been thinking about. The cold weather has set in again so it may be a few weeks.

Ahh, c'mon! Where is the wheelie to start the ride off? :poke:

Beautiful countryside. I can see why you would want to escape the city every chance you get.

Adam

Ahh, c'mon! Where is the wheelie to start the ride off? :poke:

Beautiful countryside. I can see why you would want to escape the city every chance you get.

Adam

Are you kidding! I just got the nerve to get her up over 10 grand on the tach. I don't think there are any wheelies in the near future, not yet anyway. I will have better and more constructive videos very soon.

Finally I was able to edit the video enough to get a little brightness into it. Here are a couple from this past Sunday. The camera is working perfectly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NrmYo7TmM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BLcKzNCIc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRUpo13AqXU[/ame]

Last edited:
Good work Billy! It was cool to see the rear prespective as well as the new location for the front.

Also sounds like you fixed the microphone noise issue. Maybe in the near future I may be allowed to spring for one and give me yet another reason to go searching the surrounding roads of NM.

Oh, I detected a few over 7k moments in your ride -- told ya that it is addicting....

BroHay

Man Adam, nothing gets past you. You have some ear. Your absolutely right on about 7k. I would have gone more but I had my son on board and I need to be responsible. But the next time I go up solo.....LOOK OUT! I am not sure what happened, but for some reason two weeks back I really became one with the bike. I can't explain it really. It's like before, I was merely a passenger along for the ride, but now, I feel like I am controlling everything that has to do with the bike. It's weird I know and it happened suddenly. I am going to show you a great camera angle that I am working on for next Sunday. I'll post just a small tidbit this evening when I get home. Until then, let me get back to work.:D

I think you did a fine job and that piece of road looks real fine too. Where exactly is that? I might have to drag my butt out there and check it out. N.Y. isn't that far from me, just a bit across Canada.

Check out this angle. There are quite a few angles you can accomplish by taking your time and putting your mind to it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memyEjOqo3k[/ame]

I just have to address some clearance issues and I will try it out. I am having tons of fun with this new camera.

Like the resolution change @ :58 seconds on the video above, but it probably eats up memory that much faster.

I'm on the hunt now....for my own version.

Adam

I think you did a fine job and that piece of road looks real fine too. Where exactly is that? I might have to drag my butt out there and check it out. N.Y. isn't that far from me, just a bit across Canada.

Hi Don, Thats actually the closest mountain we have near us in NY. It takes me about 35 to 40 minutes to get there and its a hotspot for motorcyclists to frequent. That road actually isn't even my favorite. There is another route called "Old Route 17" which parallels the new 17. That road is awesome. It runs from the road in the video, west to Greenwood Lake, NY. You could see it on Google Maps. Just type in Greenwood Lake, NY and you'll see it starting from the northern most tip of the lake and heads due east. Thats a beautiful road. Any time you want to come by, your more than welcome to stay over. I got a small apartment so bring your sleeping bag! Unless you prefer my saggy sofa. LOL.

I'll keep that in mind. A few years ago I put my wife (EX) on my GPZ 900 and we took off for Wilmington and made it in about 12 hours. You should be less than that.

Here is the test video from the ride Sunday. Just click on the HQ button to see it in high quality. Also, turn off your volume as I had the setting wrong for the microphone. It should have been on \"Low\" but I forgot to change the setting. It was my first test so I know better for next time. I love the camera. The video is crisp and clear and the mounts are great. You can virtually stick this baby anywhere on the bike. I will take better video's next time out as I have now learned the good mounting places and the bad ones. Also the issues with the microphone. I have added some music to the video but I don't know how long it takes for them to post it so for now its just horrible noise.

YouTube - GoPro Wide Test on Bear Mountain Riding The FZ1's

it seems your mirrors are offset? Nice quality though

Man Adam, nothing gets past you. You have some ear. Your absolutely right on about 7k. I would have gone more but I had my son on board and I need to be responsible. But the next time I go up solo.....LOOK OUT! I am not sure what happened, but for some reason two weeks back I really became one with the bike. I can't explain it really. It's like before, I was merely a passenger along for the ride, but now, I feel like I am controlling everything that has to do with the bike. It's weird I know and it happened suddenly. I am going to show you a great camera angle that I am working on for next Sunday. I'll post just a small tidbit this evening when I get home. Until then, let me get back to work.:D

Hi Billy; really nice vids....but cannot help notice you're riding in a pair of jeans trousers? can be mistaken though, but if you are...I don't wanna fall with those on....

Hi Billy; really nice vids....but cannot help notice you're riding in a pair of jeans trousers? can be mistaken though, but if you are...I don't wanna fall with those on....

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say something. They are in fact my Dickies Carpenter Pants that I am wearing. The problem is that since the Heart Attack, I have been losing weight and since my goal is probably 3 months away, I do not want to go spend a couple of hundred dollars and have baggy pants that don't fit me in the height of riding season. For now I'll take the risk. I do however have under armor pants underneath although that doesn't count for much.

I found out today, one setback with the camera. There is no way you can use alkaline batteries. Neither Duracells nor anyone else's. They can't handle the cold temps, but most of all, the vibration. The GoPro camera must use Lithium batteries. They recommend Energizer Lithium for use in their camera. I guess thats the way I'll go since I blew two excellent videos today. I got home and the found that the camera had shut off first after 7 minutes then it got progressively worse. It would just keep shutting off. I got home and e-mailed the company. I then went to the FAQ's and there it was. Lithiums only!! or as well, rechargables. I never new that alkalines were subject to vibrations. The batteries were new when I left and when I just checked them on my multi-meter, they register just under 1 volt. Go figure. I will try again Wednesday.

Back