Grand Canyon 2012 Dec 15-17

Dan

The first time I looked at this ride I thought they were crazy. But the more I saw what everyone else was doing with their FZ1 I thought this would be cake.

The last two years of this trip we all had an amazing time and learned a lot about ourselves. I wouldn't change anything about either of the trips... In fact we had so much fun I want to relive it... Exactly as it happened in the past! Same hotels, same bars. Who is in?

We will leave Thursday night and will return Sunday. Rain, snow, fog, sleet or perfect weather this is going to be an amazing ride and will never be forgotten!

Let's use up the rest of our vacation and sick days before the end of the year and visit the Grand Canyon the way it was meant to be seen.... On a motorcycle.

If you think gas is going to be an issue look into the MSR Fuel Bottles. I always bring a 30oz MSR bottle with me just to be safe. 30oz of fuel is usually good for about 15+ miles. You can find them at pretty much any sporting goods store that carries camping supplies. They cost $15-$20. MSR Fuel Bottles from Backcountry.com

Thursday
A - Meet Point/Denny's
B - Gas/Meet Point Mark the Golden 1 & Alex1800
C - Gas
D - Hotel Needles, CA
Friday
E - Gas
F - Food
G - Donkeys/Oatman, AZ
H - Gas
I - Hotel/Gas Williams, AZ
Saturday
J - Grand Canyon
K - Gas
L - Pass Through
M - Gas
N - Hotel Jerome, AZ
O - Home (we can figure out gas stops on the go)

I will be traveling with a few buddies on this ride on the 15-17th

I wasnt the one that set it up. But if you are interested in going post up and I can get you the contact info.

leaving this thursday, just got the last of my rain gear in and my heated grips should be installed this week.

ill post up some pics when we get back.

thanks fot the heads up. Anyone know other stretches that can be hazardus to my pocketbook? Only about 12 strong going. Had over 20 people signed up 3weeks ag.o

Back