Gutting the Cat

I know its wrong but I just love that term. Anyway is it legal in Aus?

Its definitely not legal as you are removing an anti pollution device.
Do what I did, buy a set of Arrow headers to go with your slip on and keep the stock stuff in the shed for if/when you get busted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's legal to remove it anywhere where anti pollution devices are required in vehicles.

I don't know if there is emission testing in Australia or not because that would really be the only way for them to tell that it was removed.

The best thing about the aftermarket header is the nice gain in mid-range torque, which we all know this bike is lacking.

Yup if you have emission testing then it is illegal (well probably illegal either way, but this is how you would get caught). Even if you think in the near future that they might require testing then I would not recommend gutting.

Yup if you have emission testing then it is illegal (well probably illegal either way, but this is how you would get caught). Even if you think in the near future that they might require testing then I would not recommend gutting.
No emission testing yet. Wouldn't rule anything out here. The fun police are in charge.

No testing here either so I could remove it... the issue is putting it back (not!) so ballmead hit the nail on the head. Buy another header and save the stocker for the if/when scenario.

Back