Had an off!

I know, crashing sucks both for the injuries as well as the cost to fix the bike. Accept it as part of being in the sport and it happens with everyone. Thats how I got over it.

I would definitely get the Z1000SX over a new FZ1 any day. But if you going used, I would get a nicely modded used FZ1 as those are still better and cheaper than a Z1000SX.

Just a quick update. My hand is still wired and plastered, but that comes off next week. Hopefully wont be too long before I can ride again.

Bike is a write off, so I'm looking at a blue and White FZ1S tomorrow to replace it. Same age and milage as mine, but this is an ABS model. I'll be putting my Leo Vinci can on immediately and a tail tidy.

After a bit of thought I decided the z1000 wasn't for me, and I would have really missed the yamaha if I'd bought something else.

Can't wait to get back on the road!

Just a quick update. My hand is still wired and plastered, but that comes off next week. Hopefully wont be too long before I can ride again.

Bike is a write off, so I'm looking at a blue and White FZ1S tomorrow to replace it. Same age and milage as mine, but this is an ABS model. I'll be putting my Leo Vinci can on immediately and a tail tidy.

After a bit of thought I decided the z1000 wasn't for me, and I would have really missed the yamaha if I'd bought something else.

Hope you're able to ride soon and glad to hear you stayed with the FZ1 :D

Glad your getting back in the saddle and cheers to getting another FZ:party0011:

027a2efa-eb99-1680.jpg

Well it's taken almost 9 weeks and many arguments with insurance companies, but I picked up my replacement bike yesterday.

I really missed my Fazer so it's nice to have one in the garage again.

Last edited:
Sorry about pics, uploaded from my phone so not sure what happened.

I will be putting my Leo Vince can on it today, and as soon as I can get one a tail tidy. Can't stand the ugly piece of plastic stuck on the rear end. Would like a lower cowl, but that's about it cosmetically. Would like to do some performance mods, but will have to wait until my finances recover from 6 weeks without pay.

Sorry about pics, uploaded from my phone so not sure what happened.

I will be putting my Leo Vince can on it today, and as soon as I can get one a tail tidy. Can't stand the ugly piece of plastic stuck on the rear end. Would like a lower cowl, but that's about it cosmetically. Would like to do some performance mods, but will have to wait until my finances recover from 6 weeks without pay.

Post some decent pics when you get a chance :poke:

Beautiful looking new bike. Enjoy. We've all gone down one time or another. That's motorcycling. So good for you for getting back on!

I had some new tyres fitter last year, pulled out of the garage and the bike went totally sideways! Somehow managed to not come off and just rode off feeling pretty stupid...

Member of the 1 litre club...

Back