Had Fun Chasing An Audi R8 On My KTM Superduke

Jboat

The weather was beautiful and I decided to take out the KTM and hit the local twisties. I came upon a nice little silver bullet Audi R8 and decided to follow it since I had the Gopro running. It seemed at first that he tried to lose me, but when he realized he couldn't he decided to pull over and let me by. I motioned that I wanted to stay behind and film him at around 4:30 and then we hit a nice little section and wicked it up a bit more...

I'll be experimenting with more mounting options for better angles later on. I'm really loving this bike!!!...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7KfPnbIK-s"]2007 KTM Superduke Chasing Audi R8 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Looking for some friendly advice on your filming and editing? If not ignore the rest of my post.

First, thanks for taking the time to film, edit and share with us.

Instead of using the helmet mount, try mounting on the front fender/headlight area if possible. It is so hard to not look from side to side and up and down while filming.
Edit out the road sound unless you can hear the motor over the wind, it really does not add anything to the video to have the wind noise.
Edit out the boring parts and make a shorter video, the into with the long straights could of been skipped and rather just have you fade in at the start of the twisties, and then when you caught up to the guy int he truck, fade out as you guys catch him and then back in as you pass him.

Good luck with your future gopro adventures.

also the driver of that audi was terrible, someone needs to teach him how to stay on his side of the road. HAHA!

Looking for some friendly advice...

Thanks. I'm still learning this new software and every time I tried to clip the video I kept messing it up. I finally gave up and just shortened it. I'm also going to mount the camera to the bike to show lean angle and to get more bike sounds. This bike has dual undertail Akrapovic exhaust and it really rumbles...

Nice Jason. What do you like about the Duke over the FZ1. Low end torque, handling, suspension??

I did expect to see the front wheel skyward at least once:poke:

I mostly like the low end torque and the flickability. It really transitions side to side very well. The brakes are in another universe...

That's funny you said that because the original video starts with me lofting a 2nd gear power wheelie all the way to redline. I didn't add it because you couldn't really see anything, only hear the rpms climb and my view angle changed slightly...

I miss California, Used to live in Fremont, darn near year round bike riding. Now I live in Utah with at least 2-4 months unridable a year. Looks like it was fun.

Sweeeet Video J. Looked like a good time. It amazes me when I see cars pull to the side to let faster traffic by. It would never happen here.

My thoughts exactly; that would NEVER happen on the east coast... Mid-Atlantic drivers are incredibly rude, obnoxious, self-centered, ego maniac, soccer moms driving mammoth SUVS in a panic dash to a shopping mall while chatting to their therapist on a cell phone about the traumatic discovery of a condom packet in their daughter's purse. :doh2:

That guy/woman in the Audi can't drive for sh*t. About a half dozen times he's totally in the oncoming lane for no particular reason. Personally I would have passed him. And if I didn't pass him when he gave me the chance I would have downshifted a gear or two and passed him like a bad penny. Maybe you were smarter keeping him in your sights, I don't know...I tend to keep people like that far away from me.

I have never ridden Tesla Road out to Carnagie OHV park. I have always been in a truck with dirt bikes in the back. Looks like fun! I need to chase someone decent with my GoPro. Last time I had the chance, I forgot to insert the memory card. Doh!

Please post some pics of your Duke bud.

Latest pic of My Precious. If any of you are considering getting one, all I can say is DO IT!!!

KTM_1_18_121.jpg

That guy/woman in the Audi can't drive for sh*t. About a half dozen times he's totally in the oncoming lane for no particular reason. Personally I would have passed him. And if I didn't pass him when he gave me the chance I would have downshifted a gear or two and passed him like a bad penny. Maybe you were smarter keeping him in your sights, I don't know...I tend to keep people like that far away from me.

Obviously I had plenty of chances to pass. I intentionally followed the car because I wanted to video it. It's not very often I get to watch an Audi R8 supercar in the twisties. I tried to egg him on to go faster but he didn't push too hard. A good driver would probably gave me a run for my money, if not left me in the dust. I must admit though, I've been riding this road for almost 15 years now, so I know it pretty well...

I was thinking that same exact thing, if you cannot stay within the lines you are doing it wrong.

Back