Handlebar risers

Stamos

I know this subject has been discussed a million times but today as i was searching for alternatives to the sv650 riser mod i found this...
$_12.JPG
What do you think?

Thanks for your suggestion but the plan is to go about an inch lower than stock!
If anyone has some experience in this subject please share your thoughts!

Shoot me a PM. I brought some XT660 risers that work with the standard bars and don't hit the tank or fairing and give a nice aggressive stance. I no longer have the bike so have these floating around. PM me if you interested and I will sell them.

What I found is that the fit with the rubber grommets and mounting system on the oem risers is superior to aftermarket ones. I've tried many different aftermarket risers and am ready to go back to oem. Also, it doesn't seem like much, but 1" makes a big difference for as far as comfort. At 1" lower the handling doesn't improve enough to outweigh the comfort factor. Not trying to crap on your idea. Just sharing my experience. Whatever you do, I hope your mods add to your enjoyment of the FZ. It's a great bike.

Last edited:
Which risers have you tried? I think i'm not going to change them finally, i like the looks of the stock ones (compared to the sv650 riser mod) plus i'm sceptical about the quality of the ebay risers i posted above.
I've already installed black barend mirrors and levers purchased from ebay and after a year they are no longer black but bronze-black...
The best option would be to install the lower part from another yamaha bike (like the xt risers fellow member kingy posted) but they are too low for my taste (almost 2" lower than stock)...

Last edited:
On this bike, I tried Easton EXP risers (no longer made), and some custom risers. On other bikes I've tried many others with a similar outcome. Before the FZ-1, I owned a 1st gen V-Max. Right now I have a Suzuki B-King and the FZ.

Back