Harriman / West Point Run

I know it's only Thursday but I want to throw it out there. This Sunday looks to be 54 or 55 degrees and sunny here in NYC. I'm definitely getting out to run around Harriman and outlying areas. I definitely want to run Route 218 by West Point. Thats a great "twisty as hell" road. I also want to get in some Route 106 action. I'll be there regardless so if anyone wants to ride along I'm all for it. It doesn't have to be an all day thing as I know that people will be traveling home from the holiday. Maybe a half day ride with a stop to grab a bite real quick. Anyone interested can post here or PM me. I'm gonna work on the routes so that it will be a "straight through" run. That is, one route running into another. I'll start North and head the route South ending by Seven Lakes Drive and Route 17. This way its just a short hop home. There may not be too many of these left this year so I'm making the most of it. Take care and hopefully I'll see you up there!

Sounds like fun! I will most likely be joining you. As you said not too many more days left of riding. We have been very lucky with the weather so far in November. I guess it makes up for the miserable, rainy June we had ;)

Excellent! Thats one! Who else wants to ride?!

Here's the link to the routes:
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/7-lOOSEGYGFbQb3tk4pO0O

It should be a nice ride. It's just a big loop starting from the bottom of Perkins, then up to West Point, and then South along Route 293 to Seven Lakes Drive and finally to Route 106. Once we arrive at 106 and the Palisades, we can head North back to Perkins where we could disperse. Me to the Bear Mountain Bridge and you, the Palisades back to 17 and South. Lets see if anyone else wants to join us.

Last edited:
I just got PM'd over at the other site. We now have three for the ride. "Treeguy" will most likely be joining us. He's up by West Point so it's a short ride for him. He may even know some really good routes up there.

I just got PM'd over at the other site. We now have three for the ride. "Treeguy" will most likely be joining us. He's up by West Point so it's a short ride for him. He may even know some really good routes up there.

Excellent...so far it's shaping up to be a great day on Sunday :D

We need to come up with a meeting time for Sunday. The other parties are asking. As you know, I'm good for anytime just name it.

Do you want to meet at the circle on the West side of the Bear Mt Bridge? Is there a gas station there? Looks like it's going to be a cold morning on Sunday so I don't want to leave too early, but let's try and meet by 10:30 or so.

Do you want to meet at the circle on the West side of the Bear Mt Bridge? Is there a gas station there? Looks like it's going to be a cold morning on Sunday so I don't want to leave too early, but let's try and meet by 10:30 or so.

10:30am sounds great to me. The gas station you speak of is on the East side of the bridge. You would have to pay the toll. Unless we meet at the same Mobil station like we did a couple of weeks back. That would be good as well because Route 218 is just up the road from there.

10:30am sounds great to me. The gas station you speak of is on the East side of the bridge. You would have to pay the toll. Unless we meet at the same Mobil station like we did a couple of weeks back. That would be good as well because Route 218 is just up the road from there.

Ok that Mobil station from last time works for me! I saw the route that you have highlighted and it looks like fun :D. I am going to email Josh and ask him if he wants to come along also.

That sounds great. Here is the updated map of the routes. This should be it.
Harriman / West Point Updated - Google Maps

I'm tired of this stupid map making stuff. Hey Tony, maybe you would have more luck than I. If you look on this updated map, when we come off 106 back onto the Palisades North, the friggin line went straight through the park to Perkins instead of following the Palisades to exit 19 and then to Perkins. Maybe you can fix it. It's really bothering me. I know I sound a bit anal but unless we're taking our dirtbikes, we can't get through over that way!

I give up!!!

Well I tried also and I can't "fix" your map and when I tried to recreate the route it was an exercise in frustration...arghh

I got the idea and it looks like a really great ride. Are we all meeting at the Mobil gas station that morning?

Well I tried also and I can't "fix" your map and when I tried to recreate the route it was an exercise in frustration...arghh

I got the idea and it looks like a really great ride. Are we all meeting at the Mobil gas station that morning?

Yes, we'll all be meeting there at 10:30am. I'll be talking to you tomorrow regardless. It's gonna be a great time.:yes:

I'd love to join in on this one but my sister is coming in from Florida on business. I promised I'd help her at a presentation to clients.
Have fun!

I'm not sure how long I'll be up tonight. I am really tired today. Regardless I'll be at that Mobil Station on Route 9W North and Garrison Road at 10:30am, give or take a couple of minutes. They are now predicting 57 degrees for tomorrow! It's gonna be a nice one!!

Back Home Safe And Sound

Well, the ride went great. Tony, me, and "Treeguy" from the FZ1OA forum met up in Fort Montgomery and had a blast running through West Point and Harriman. The loop took us 60 or so miles and the weather although a bit cold early, warmed up nicely by midday. I am currently downloading the pictures on PhotoBucket and YES I DO HAVE SOME VIDEO TODAY! If Route 218 was just 5 miles longer it would be an absolutely insane road. It's very tight and winding, with narrow lanes. (No mistakes here!) Treeguy blew me away up there being a local, he really knows that road and throws his 05' FZ1 around like its a toy! It wasn't until we had almost finished our run that I found out that his 05' sports a Racetech Front End and a Penske Rear. What a difference some suspension makes! He is a superb rider and I'm sure he would have run the same had he been on stock suspension so I don't want to take anything away from him. Treeguy belongs on a track somewhere! Here are some pics from today..........

This is Tony(NJFZ1) and Fred(Treeguy) up on Perkins Peak....
HarrimanWestPointRide001.jpg

Here's Fred's Ride 2005 FZ1 w/ Racetech Front and Penske Rear Suspension...
HarrimanWestPointRide003.jpg

This was a sweet CBR1000RR.......
HarrimanWestPointRide004.jpg

Get a load of this trick D&D Exhaust.....
HarrimanWestPointRide005.jpg

This is what you call a "GenI Sandwich"
HarrimanWestPointRide008.jpg

Tony's bike and mine in front of the West Point Military Academy.....
HarrimanWestPointRide010.jpg

FIREPOWER!!!
HarrimanWestPointRide012.jpg

West Point Visitor's Center.....
HarrimanWestPointRide014.jpg

Video is processing on Youtube as we speak........

Last edited:
Back