Have you tried a Windjammer on your helmet?

Never tried it, but I'm sure it will help. Just the chin curtain alone makes a noticeable difference so I would bet this is even better.

Phew!! I saw the title and was ready to lay in to that company. Thought it was the sorry a$$ cable company we have here on FT Benning, same name, and they S U C K :nono:. Since ur talking about m/c products then i have no experience with them.

I have. It's great. Especially in cold, or long-haul trips to reduce wind noise. Better have some venting in hot; my helmet breathes well so it's fine.

I bought one off of ebay earlier in the day. The shipping claims to be 12-21 business days so it could be a while before I get it. I will let you know what I think of it.

I wonder what the durability of something like this is. I am always happy to have a quieter, warmer, less drafty helmet!

I wonder how it will be when subjected to daily use, cold weather, heavy rain and constant abuse... Anyone have any experience?

I sometimes ride in temps below freezing and the only thing I would be concerned about is the vapor from my breath clouding and freezing on the inside of the shield without better venting.

I sometimes ride in temps below freezing and the only thing I would be concerned about is the vapor from my breath clouding and freezing on the inside of the shield without better venting.

That is a valid concern. I will have to see how it goes after it gets here and I have had some seat time with it. The item shipped two days ago. From the ebay listing, it shows this shipping information:

USA & Canada 7 - 10 business days

(Item ships from the United Kingdom)

Currently, with cooler temperatures I have been wearing a Seirus Neofleece Combo Scarf under my helmet. It keeps the cold air from my neck and coming up through the bottom of the helmet. I do look like I am going to rob a bank when I wear it, but it keeps my face warm.

Today, I happen to have a day off, and I am hoping to get out to ride if the wind would die down and the temperature would climb some more.

I have 4 helmets but my best one is a Schubert S1 Pro and it has something similar built in the helmet and i say it does a huge different, that´s probably why it´s the most silent helmet. Downside it´s difficult to put on and hard to hear the pillion.

I got the Windjammer yesterday and put it on my helmet. It does help with air coming up under the helmet and fits pretty snug around your neck. I only rode with it for about 10 miles so not a lot of experience with it yet. My initial impression is that if you are looking to reduce noise in your helmet, the Windjammer helps but what works best for me are ear plugs that fit well. I mentioned in a previous thread that I purchased some Surefire EP4 Sonic Defenders® Plus ear plugs, they are the best I have used.

I got the Windjammer yesterday and put it on my helmet. It does help with air coming up under the helmet and fits pretty snug around your neck. I only rode with it for about 10 miles so not a lot of experience with it yet. My initial impression is that if you are looking to reduce noise in your helmet, the Windjammer helps but what works best for me are ear plugs that fit well. I mentioned in a previous thread that I purchased some Surefire EP4 Sonic Defenders® Plus ear plugs, they are the best I have used.

Yea, no matter what, ear plugs are the only thing that are going to really cut down on the noise and fatigue. I usually wear ear plugs on longer rides and I've found that I don't feel as "tired" after riding all day.

Back