Headlight brackets

EISTO

Gentle Men & Women,

I'm mounting a classic style round headlight on my FZ1 and have been searching the internet for ages trying to find a typical set of streetfighter side-mount headlight brackets suitable for 54mm (inverted) forks. I'm talking about this type of design:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-Side-Mount-Headlight-62101-SC3/dp/B005WXNHDM[/URL"]http://www.amazon.com/Drag-Specialties-Side-Mount-Headlight-62101-SC3/dp/B005WXNHDM[/URL[/ame]

I don't want to go with the oversize bling-factor Harley-stuff that's out there.
Anyone?

/E

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, but neither of those brackets have the classic steetfighter look I'm after. I'm considering making a set of my own using some aluminium or stainless steel sheet metal. Also, it might not be too difficult to modify a set of undersize ones to fit inverted forks.

/E

What are you looking for? This is pretty much what a standard single headlight street fighter look is with or without the windscreen:

hs_headlight_bracket_main.jpg

If I was to do It I would go with those brackets and lose the windscreen.

This is what I'm thinking of....or at least something similar. The holes and rounded tips is the key. Chrome/aluminium.

Just made a breakthrough: Ironically, the example shown in the link of my original post (start of the thread) had a comment from a customer. It reads;

"arrived fast and undamaged. they are heavy duty. how they come bent is not the actual size of the front forks on most bikes... had to beat into shape with a rubber mallet and use a vise for the small hinge. but as long as you dont mind a little customizing on your end, your golden. thats why i took a star off.

if it matters, they went on a yamaha FZ6 naked street fighter. mounted 2x 4" sidebyside and it looks clean! "

Now THIS is interesting. As far as I know the FZ6 has 54mm forks as well! I'm fetching my Visa straight away, let's do some shopping :yes:

Last edited:
Revival of thread: Bracket problem still not solved

The brackets I mentioned earlier were just too small, God knows how the guy in the thread I quoted managed to squeeze them onto an FZ6-fork. Most brackets do not fit and the reasons are:

1) Inverted forks are uncommon. Almost every bracket I can fin is intended for forks between 28 and 39mm

2) The FZ1 fork is tapered from 54 to something like 48mm right about where the brackets have to be mounted.

3) Most brackets are not adjustable and therefore only suitable for a ridiculously small range of diameters. For example, the last ones I bought has a diameter tolerance of 1mm although the manufacturer claims it can fit a diameter range of 3mm. I'm talking -for example- about brackets like these . The FZ1-forks fall smack between two sizes on these and as a result, neither of them will fit. I should know; I bought and tested both. The larger size could of course be "padded" in order to fit and that's plan D if I fail completely in finding an alternative.

This is beginning to get comical now. As it turns out, the easiest part of my naked conversion was rebuilding the entire bike tail; it took just a few hours. So far, I've spent something like 20 fruitless hours on finding and mounting a pair of suitable set of headlight brackets. These things sure are hard to predict.
Anyway, can anyone who have installed traditional fork-mounted headlights on their FZ1's share their experiences here? Would love to hear what others have done!

Last edited:
Back