Headlight bulbs 6000k vs 8000k

I have some H4's in now that I believe are 6000k. I am wondering if the wiring can handle 8000k bulbs? I want my headlights a blue that you can see. 6000k has a little hint of blue, but since my turn signals have led deep blue, you cannot tell if the headlight is anymore. I have seen annoying blue headlights and then some that are just bright blue and less annoying on other vehicles.

I just want some bulbs that make a nice color blue until I can afford the halo/projection kit. So any suggestions?

you're confusing color temp with wattage...

you can run 4000k to 12000k, as long as they are all the same watts (current draw)... 60/55 (60w high, 55w low)

as Dustin pointed out, they won't be "brighter" or "Better", but yeah, you can get the blue tint look without burning up your stock wiring. Just realize, the bluer you go, the less useable light you'll have

you're confusing color temp with wattage...

you can run 4000k to 12000k, as long as they are all the same watts (current draw)... 60/55 (60w high, 55w low)

as Dustin pointed out, they won't be "brighter" or "Better", but yeah, you can get the blue tint look without burning up your stock wiring. Just realize, the bluer you go, the less useable light you'll have

Already know and have seen which is why i am looking for the more bright annoying turquoise blue which I believe I can only accomplish through and HID kit because they are actually very very bright and very light bluish. I know the normal blue you truly have little to no visibility.....

Yah, I was mixing up the wattage lol. thank you for the clarification!

HID bulbs in halogen reflectors do not yield good results. Most of the time they blind oncoming drivers, or wash out and don't have much improvement over halogen.

The problem with what you are trying to do is that many don't actually see much results from the "brighter" bulbs. My suggestion, live with what you have, until you can afford a proper HID projector setup. Trying to find better halogen bulbs can prove to be an expensive venture.

Its not the higher number the better, the higher the number the less light output and the more blue color light it produces, stock light is 4300K with the highest light out put, a 5000K is whiter with no blue and is ideal if your goal is to have more light, 6000K starts getting a little bluish but acceptable above that is basically for show and in my opinion is very eye straining to the rider, a silver car would appear white & the road surface is not clear.

Last edited:
Back