Hey all so my I took my fairings off yesterday to put on the new ones and after starting to Install everything and check it my headlight aren’t working so I Checked went around the block and one turned on randomly while driving. After I switched brights and low beam a few times with the button… it just stopped working. I checked the bulbs all good. The fuse is good. Power is getting to fuse box. The handle bar switch gets Power. Power gets all the way to the connector and there after to the relay. Relay is reading 85-120… Even the tachometer light shuts off when I take the headlight fuse out… but no power to the headlight connector that connects to the bulb. My assumption is that I blew the relay… but it reads ohm. When i have the harness connected i get power everywhere else but the bulb connector… Any help would be great! Thanks.

Attachments

• B7A844D2-0DB9-4754-8B47-992FC5510042.jpeg
    B7A844D2-0DB9-4754-8B47-992FC5510042.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Hey all so my I took my fairings off yesterday to put on the new ones and after starting to Install everything and check it my headlight aren’t working so I Checked went around the block and one turned on randomly while driving. After I switched brights and low beam a few times with the button… it just stopped working. I checked the bulbs all good. The fuse is good. Power is getting to fuse box. The handle bar switch gets Power. Power gets all the way to the connector and there after to the relay. Relay is reading 85-120… Even the tachometer light shuts off when I take the headlight fuse out… but no power to the headlight connector that connects to the bulb. My assumption is that I blew the relay… but it reads ohm. When i have the harness connected i get power everywhere else but the bulb connector… Any help would be great! Thanks.

Is that the resistance reading across the relay? If so 85 ohms is high. It should be close to zero.

Occam's Razor. Clean, grease & reseat all the wire connectors including the cluster, fuses, switch, headlights and relays. Check the frame ground for tightness & corrosion. If that does not fix the problem, check for wire breaks at connectors and pinch points.

Back