Heads up racing track..

Ok I cant seem to find a drag racing thread anywhere.

What everyones best times??

Mods???

I had my bike out to the 1320 and it went from a 12.2, to an 11.6@122 mph.

I cant for the life of me figure out if i were on a road in the middle of no where why i cant keep with stock 09 600RR, and an 08 R6. They will both run away from me from a 40ish roll. As of a few nights ago I finally took out the R6 with the use of nitrous.

How have others compared to other bikes?? I understand I have more power then both. however I also weigh more then both. I figured it out I have .32 horses per lb, and they have .31 per lb.

Also the sprocket change, will this get me going more in the direction of usable hp??

seems like not alot of people enjoy the 1320......

I need to figure out a way better to run a 2009 cbr 600rr.

It seems my starts are killing me froma roll. I can get them if I jam the throttle and the nitrous at the same time. But damn that front wheel doesnt see the ground....

Get a speedohealler and -1 front sprocket and +2 rear sprocket for a 16/47 combo.
You may need a bit more power all motor so get a slip-on and a PC3 or PC-V along with an aftermarket air filter.
I would start with the gearing as thats the cheapest route.

The stock speedo is so far off its nuts. when I do 65 pacing a car to which i can see the speedo from outside. My speedo shows 77 mph. Thats ALOT.

If I drop down to a 16t sprocket will that get me into second before 80ish on my speedo??

should note I'm a 2009

Ok I'm looking to strap the front end cause these wheelies are toooooo much fun. lol Anyone have a good idea of where I could buy a strap, or what kind?? The more I look at this board , the more I find that no one really drag races....

Ok I'm looking to strap the front end cause these wheelies are toooooo much fun. lol Anyone have a good idea of where I could buy a strap, or what kind?? The more I look at this board , the more I find that no one really drag races....

Sorry, can't help you with the strap question. And yes the vast majority of people on this board do not drag race the FZ1. It's not really the ideal bike for that kind of thing and we're probably more into just regular street riding/touring than anything else. All that being said you may still find some useful info around here so stick around and keep us updated on your drag racing endeavors ;)

I'm sure that jlewis02 had a strap on his front end. I'm sure that he'll pipe up when he sees the post.

Ok Jlewis, how do i lower the front end of the bike??? I got the strap on and it helps. However I would like to stance in the front so I dont have to be strapped. Also which rear lowering link would you suggest if any.

To run the bike without a strap you need to cut the forks and redo everything in them.
I think its a waste of time and money and just slide the forks up in the triple trees and strap it.

Back