Hello my name is...

If you can afford it have at it. Just be ready to have it towed home ! Ragged edge mfg and tuning for performance dont bring the cost per mile like a fz1 does. But damn a 200hp v4 sounds nice huh, esp on the pipe tapping the upshift button. (that makes me wonder how many miles of wiiring there are on them)

If you can afford it have at it. Just be ready to have it towed home ! Ragged edge mfg and tuning for performance dont bring the cost per mile like a fz1 does. But damn a 200hp v4 sounds nice huh, esp on the pipe tapping the upshift button. (that makes me wonder how many miles of wiiring there are on them)
Yeah those V4s do sound nice for sure. Miles of wiring... even 1 would be a lot! Speaking of wiring, I just had to order a new switch assembly for the FZ, high beams quit working. I took the switch apart and the contacts were obviously worn, didn't really see a straightforward way to repair it. I guess the previous owner(s) had a nervous left thumb or something.

Yeah those V4s do sound nice for sure. Miles of wiring... even 1 would be a lot! Speaking of wiring, I just had to order a new switch assembly for the FZ, high beams quit working. I took the switch apart and the contacts were obviously worn, didn't really see a straightforward way to repair it. I guess the previous owner(s) had a nervous left thumb or something.
Im in process of fixing the starter switch surround and its turning into a slipperly slope. The only broken part is the surround, but im replacing the surround, rizoma bars, swapping to a rcs19 master cyl, doing hel lines and the front fairing this 'winter'. Soo glad i left wa state for Texas.

Im in process of fixing the starter switch surround and its turning into a slipperly slope. The only broken part is the surround, but im replacing the surround, rizoma bars, swapping to a rcs19 master cyl, doing hel lines and the front fairing this 'winter'. Soo glad i left wa state for Texas.

TX riding sounds nice about now. TX summer??? For me, ATGATT gets difficult over 100f. I'm guessing there were other quality of life issues that helped make your decision to relocate.

Must be a culture and climate shock. Spent months and months of work related travel in both places.

50 degrees yesterday in Mass, got in four hours of riding. 34 degrees today with snow projected for mid week, then temps in the low 60s this weekend.

I'm guessing there were other quality of life issues that helped make your decision to relocate.

Must be a culture and climate shock.

Correct. Cold temps and weather amplified lower back pain. Not to mention cost of living and zero infrastructure work after my little hometowns population grew by 35% in 10 years. The cost of everything skyrocketed, not just gas.

Texas is amazing compared to Wa. People talk to each other in passing ! 1 day of rain a week is nice, and riding in december is a thing. 2 lane roads and 75mph speed limits everywhere, wa speed limit is 70 in very few spots. Riding in 116 degree temps is also amazing soo long as your moving. Soo glad i made this life move

WA vs TX? Nah, same thing... or not! Good choice, although I do have to admit WA is friggen beautiful. Seriously unfortunate that it has become so messed up. AZ is a mix, pretty nice place in a lot of ways but also confused, in a bit of a transition socially/politically. I'm hoping it goes back to its old ways. Peace.

Yeah wa used to be a very different place. I lived in phoenix in 90-91 while going to school, it was interesting to say the least.

TX is far superior to wa in every way soo far. The roads, speed limits, the people, the price of fuel, and the riding season.

Im pretty sure nothing is going to go back to the old way, they will make sure of that.

I admire people that make a move to somewhere nicer (for them). I've been stuck in a rut over the last decade caring for sick family members.

Keep thinking once I'm done with this one, it's time for me to move. Then someone else gets sick.

Life.......................... Keep a light on, I may be able to escape the Peoples' Republik one of these days.

Tough to pick that perfect place with curvey roads, scenery, weather, political climate, and sadly good medical care. MA only had the medical care going for it, and even that is going down hill fast.

My dream is a Sprinter style conversion van pulling a trailer with my bike(s) for a few years. Set up camp, explore, then move on. Maybe find the next place to relocate to. Van life I guess you would call it.

"I HAVE A DREAM"......... and it involves lots of riding.

I had that dream. Ride and find a new place to live. So i did my first 5 year plan 8 years ago. It took 7 years though, but was absolutely amazing. 1 year on the road will change a person.

My only regret was not riding the 7 mile bridge to the keys. My highlight was 2 stroke bike week at tail of the dragon.

The light is always on for those who understand and respect the destination, and much respect and admiration to those who sacrifice to give back and take care of the people in their lives who paved the way.

Back