Help! Can someone tell me if this speed triple is worth it

sammysr

2011 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 ---- One Word FUN FUN FUN TO RIDE !
can someone tell me if the bike is worth it please? This is the places description:
"awesome bike if you never rode one then you don't know what fun is ... that all i can say ... needs kick stand bolt tab welded and missing front fender ... starts runs sounds and rides great ... low low miles not even really broken in yet ... you will never find this bike for this cheap with this low of miles ever ... grab it while you can !"
it also has a salvage title, but it is fine and runs fine besides what is said up top, so is it really worth it?

I saw that ad, too. It is a very good price. But be a little careful with that company. They deal with salvage bikes.
The bike may be fine - but it probably has had an insurance claim on it and was bought as salvage.

Not for 6500. I might consider it for 3500. Once you have a salvage title you are stuck with it. If you plan on keeping it forever maybe 4500 but if you try to sell it you will have a tough time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why's everyone saying if he tries to sell it he'll have a tough time? The same reason he's looking at it now, is the same reason the next guy will when he's ready to sell.

Depends how well you know bikes. Without good mechanical knowledge I would not buy it. Often things can be fixed in some way and after some time you see that it has some problems. At least I would measure the frame and check the alignment by an independent company which has the appropriated tools for this. Forks, frame and swing-arm are expensive repairs.
Reselling will be difficult because most bikers know the problems with salvage bikes.

I feel you will probley not get the true story behind the salvage title from a place trying to make money on the sale so i would stay away. that being said, its not hard to get a plate back on the bike in Ohio. My buddys ex500 was backed into buy a cage and was salvage. he bought the bike back and we fixed the bent faring, replaced the bars and blinkers took it to the inspection and twenty minutes later he had a plate on her. they even gave him a slip to ride it to the inspection.

I feel you will probley not get the true story behind the salvage title from a place trying to make money on the sale so i would stay away. that being said, its not hard to get a plate back on the bike in Ohio. My buddys ex500 was backed into buy a cage and was salvage. he bought the bike back and we fixed the bent faring, replaced the bars and blinkers took it to the inspection and twenty minutes later he had a plate on her. they even gave him a slip to ride it to the inspection.

True....but the title will retain "salvage" .... so resale value will always be affected.
But... if you got it cheap enough and recognize that it is always going to be a low value bike - and accept that --- well ... maybe OK. If it is not structurally dangerous to ride.

Back